Tank Journal Archive

zeebull

Apr 24, 2012
Toowoomba
I thought I kept my tank pretty clean until I saw yours:cry That's immaculate :worship
Well better go find my scrapper:eek

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
I now have a phosphate reactor with rowa phos. However my phos was always on 0.08 sometimes 0.16. The glass is also clear because of algae scrapper, its a plastic one for about $20

JoeT

Sep 1, 2013
Wow what a beautiful neat looking setup you have. If I can keep my tank looking that neat I will be most impressed, well done :)

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Have you touched that fire coral yet? I have heard they pack a really mean punch so I've never kept one for that reason - because knowing me I will brush past it sooner or later! True or false do you think?

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Maybe you have to cut yourself on it...

"Divers often mistake fire coral for seaweed, and accidental contact is common. Upon contact, an intense pain can be felt that can last from two days to two weeks. The very small nematocysts on fire corals contain tentacles that protrude from numerous surface pores (similar to jellyfish stings). In addition, fire corals have a sharp, calcified external skeleton that can scrape the skin." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_coral