They lacked vibrancy & colour was almost non existent
Yet from above view I new there was aggression but could not see lack of health

So the cycle began
And although a challenge I feel I am doing exactly what's been needed

People might also say - idiots
That's fine
Yes - we added 2 more yellow tangs
Powder blue & bristle tooth

I did not want to be stuck with this huge tank in 3 months time with an established gang & not be able to add what we wanted

IMG_2001.JPG

The purple is the clear leader of the yellows & they are schooling beautifully together & so far NO aggression

I am using stability & prime to get through this cycle & testing daily
The water is very cloudy due to the bacteria being added but sechem assures me it will clear once colonies become established

Here are some pics
Unfortunately the iPhone makes everthing blue
But I hope you enjoy

IMG_1008.JPG

IMG_1009.JPG
IMG_1021.JPG
IMG_1011.JPG

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
And yes it amazes me how I can sit & look at this talkand still see no fish

lukusis

Sep 3, 2014
Bam!

Looks amazballs! Yep, totes went there.

Seriously though, great job. I can only imagine how great its going to be once matured! Kudos :)

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
WELL DONE.. !!!
I see you have a Hawk fish, and one of my favorites, Powder Blue... great to see the tank populated now. Must be a great relief for you.

Jac
It's lovely yes
But unfortunately not out of the woods yet
They have to survive the cycle first
But. Thank you

Andrew B

Mar 14, 2015
Kangaroo Ground
Looks amazing filled with fish, can just imagine how many more fish are able to be added now! How are you going to try and deal with the pop eye? Will look spectacular once fully stocked, i am sure you will survive the cycle knowing you :)

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
A fishy "Mansion" I hope they appreciate it ! Im sure some of my fish would like to stretch there fins and go for a real swim :)

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
FUUUCCCKKK YEEESSSS :D :D I'm so happy for you Lesley and to see all your fishy babies in their new home! I have no doubt in your loving care they'll be back in no time!!

I'm over the moon for you Lesley and this is definitely the most epic build going at the moment!

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
I was starting to get attached to the IBC....... lol just kidding, looks sweet. Fingers crossed for the rapid cycle

shaidas

Jan 30, 2017
It does look absolutely awesome but I am sure it will be a battle. Your situation is tough and no doubt about that. Well done done and I hope you don't lose any livestock. Whatever way it goes this tank will be worth writing odes about....All the best. 2 maxspect 150 ..anything on the other wall ?

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Dump them all in to avoid bullying. Keep the food volume right up so no one fish out competes the others (and there is plenty to go around). Regular large changes will keep the cycle at a minimum - you've got a fair volume of water. Are you doing constant changes as well?

Good luck - hope it all goes well.

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Thanks to everyone for the lovel comments
Only on the Reefuge :)

I am doing 50ltrs a day auto wc
Which in the scheme of things seem like nothing
Total fill volume is 3580ltr

Day 1
Ammonia 1.5
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 0

Day 2
Ammonia 1
Nitrites 0.02
Nitrates 0.02

Day 3
Ammonia 0.25
Nitrites 3
Nitrates 4

Day 4
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 3
Nitrates 4

Will continue to test daily but to be honest am maybe not expecting a huge spike in anything with this volume of water
Will also continue stability & prime for 2 weeks as recommended by Seachem
Prime was. Precautions for 1 week according to the instruction but I will continue while any nitrites are testing positive
Thank you once again
Think this is going to be ok

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Looks amazing filled with fish, can just imagine how many more fish are able to be added now! How are you going to try and deal with the pop eye? Will look spectacular once fully stocked, i am sure you will survive the cycle knowing you :)
Pop eye was caused by poor water quality for 6 weeks
After 4 days in the new tank
It's already started clearing well
In fact unless you looked closely you know wouldn't know they had it

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Hi Lesley,
silence for the last days... hope all is panning out well ??
The silence is deafening.. :)
Jac
All good
Unfortunately lost the sickest of the fish out the ibc
We placed in the dt but they weren't strong enough to make it
So they were sumped but all 4 passed away within 48hrs
I feel terrible- heartbroken in fact but considering we had 6mins to do our best 4 out of 18 isn't too bad
The tank is cycling without to many hitches although I do wish I had the time originally planned & the loss of 90% of our corals is really showing in his bare the tanks looking :(
IMG_2127.PNG

Jacques Pels

Feb 4, 2017
Gold Coast, QLD
Murphy's Law... but all in all, looks , from the outside, like you have pulled off quite a coup.Such a long stay in the IBC will have stressed and weakened them, then the change to the new tank, more stress, more adjustment....
Looks like your Nitrates are spiking, so light at the end of the proverbial tunnel ?

I know I will be facing the same dramas a few months down the line, so am trying to learn from your experience. You have started with a 'base', whereas I will be starting virgin, but still a lot I hope to learn, and not have to bug you guys when the unexpected or unexplained occurs :-)
Thanks for the update.

Jac