Off-Topic

shane_h

Feb 3, 2012
Run around in this when I get bored. Set thousands of years before the Rise of Darth Vader.
If anyone played Knights of the Old Republic, this is 300 odd years after that.
The three cinematic intros in order. You see one of these depending on what type of character you choose.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/x2eNr9Oyttk

V

'vspec'

Crap that lucas production house knows how to churn them out, and great quality too

Azfish

Sep 23, 2011
Sydney
Been playing SWTOR for a month or so now, almost at level cap.

A very interesting game, love the story, who wouldnt, it's Star Wars FFS!

This game was what made me upgrade my PC into a semi-gaming rig!!

Matman

Jul 13, 2011
Coffs Harbour
Hope you dont mind Azfish for asking in your thread but could anyone recommend a graphics card (Dads).It has a 9600gt nvidia in it atm but its getting old.If I feel the need to play on a pc i use dads lol.I think the processor is around the 3.2ghz from memory.A mate put it together so would have to ask him the full details.Something around the $2-300 maybe?

Cheers Mat.

shane_h

Feb 3, 2012
Crap that lucas production house knows how to churn them out, and great quality too
Na thats Bioware all the way mate. Of couse they have to pass everything past lucas though lol. Not sure who did the rendered intro's though as in animators ect.

That looks awesome... What is gameplay like? Is it similar to KOTOR?
Think WOW with light sabers and major refinements.. Everyone has a companion (or 5) and you can send THEM to sell your rubbish grey items
from anywhere in the world basically. They also do all your crafting ect, while you continue with the fun stuff.

Dam looks good but only for pc.My laptop will die if I play it lol.
The game doesn't look like that. Although it does look decent, it will run with builtin graphics as long as its at least core 2 with 2gig system memory.

Hope you dont mind Azfish for asking in your thread but could anyone recommend a graphics card (Dads).It has a 9600gt nvidia in it atm but it's getting old.If I feel the need to play on a pc i use dads lol.I think the processor is around the 3.2ghz from memory.A mate put it together so would have to ask him the full details.Something around the $2-300 maybe?

Cheers Mat.
Do you know if it PCIe or AGP slot? If it's AGP your s$%t outa luck besides second hand ebay. PCIe depends on your avaliable funds :) $300-$1000 for decent card to mega duel GPU card.

Matman

Jul 13, 2011
Coffs Harbour
Sorry this is vspec's thread.My mate got back to me he has forgotten what he put in it lol.So he said grab the model number of the motherboard.What of I took a pic of the internals as I'm not very computer literate?

rockerpeller

Oct 14, 2011
Hastings, Vic
PCIe port ;). How many depends on that last letter behind the power cable. Judging by the heatsink in the bottom photo its a GA-P35-DS3L which only has the one PCIe 16x port.
Whats the rating on the power supply, and what brand?

rockerpeller

Oct 14, 2011
Hastings, Vic
Has anyone tried this game?This is just a video that someone put together.it's a pretty cool car sim.
Yea I use it with the drifting mod. MADBULL all the way:D! I want to try it with a G25/G27, but all I'm using atm is a Force GT. Has a huge following, and rFactor Central is the place to go for the mods.

As for the card, I'm not too clued up on the latest cards. Maybe try a Radeon HD6950. Seems like a pretty good "bang for buck" card (under $300). If you want to spend more maybe a GTX-580 (under $800). All depends on how much $ you wanna spend. I don't think your PSU will drive the GTX-580 to its full potential (minimum is 600w), but I can almost guarantee the bottleneck of your system will be the CPU, mobo, or ram, before you can pull out the cards highest potential.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Hope you dont mind Azfish for asking in your thread but could anyone recommend a graphics card (Dads).It has a 9600gt nvidia in it atm but it's getting old.If I feel the need to play on a pc i use dads lol.I think the processor is around the 3.2ghz from memory.A mate put it together so would have to ask him the full details.Something around the $2-300 maybe?

Cheers Mat.
6950 radeon or 560TI would be nice. or even better a 6970 or gtx 570! i have a 580GTX its a beast!

mat you will need a bigger power supply to. chase for atleast 38a on the 12v rail :)
looks time for a computer upgrade. that board/cpu will bottleneck a new videocard!

enjoy http://www.thereefuge.com/board/threads/gaming-pc-build-2-1.2088/

V

'vspec'

Does the sim rendering actually look like that in game play?

Matman

Jul 13, 2011
Coffs Harbour
Thanks for the info,and vspec I'm playing it atm on my laptop,I've only got it at 800x600 and I'm viewing it "In car".It looks pretty basic but the gameplay is great.It took me an hour to work out how to get the f1 of the line.The amount of settings you have is insane.

shane_h

Feb 3, 2012
Hey missed the pics till now : /
RFactor is AWSOME, been into that one on and off for years now with www.theoldergames.com . Must be 25+ to join.. so good honest racing no first turn cannonball kids ect (Well not many is a genuine mistake when it does happen lol
rFactor 2 is in beta now btw.
And I agree with Matts recomendations for GFX cards. I tend to only use nvidia, maybe loose out on some performance tests but always seem a little more stable in my experience.

V

'vspec'

Ok so I just watched "No Strings Attached"

Chicks Flick to the max, But due to copious amounts of Kilkenny Irish larger consumed, I cried at the string pulling moment.Well cry may not be the exact term, more like irritation of the eye ball.
But in my defence, I was scratching my balls at the time, so I'm half way manly..lol