Off-Topic

V

'vspec'

This movie is such a laugh, Its like Phone Booth for the entire range of human emotions and interactions

V

'vspec'

Such a backlog of movies to get through when time permits. Just finished watching this one, I enjoyed it.

V

'vspec'

anyone seen hungergames?

Christ, battleship looks pretty good. Love neeson as an actor as well.

There is a version of hungergames on the torrents, but unless your want to watch a crap cam version in russian, we have to wait.

V

'vspec'

Easy going movie! One for the chick in tow.

Oh yeah, Been waiting to see this one for awhile, looking forward to watching it tonight!

V

'vspec'

Quick search showed some extended footage

May looks ok for me actually.
Got a holiday because of some dude 2000yrs ago, the following week got V8 hot laps, week after my b'day and battleship movie night, week after that our get together at syno place.

Scrap that..... easter is in april, oh well, it can be in may as well :confused:

V

'vspec'

Hermitude ~ Music

The two multi-instrumentalists Luke Dubber (aka Luke Dubs) and Angus Stuart (aka Elgusto) have been in bands together since 1994, at the ages of 16 and 11 respectively. Their first proper band was called Funk Injections, following the rule that funk bands require the word "funk" appear somewhere in their name, and included Stuart's sister, Aja Stuart, on bass. When a group of local rappers, including Tim Levinson (aka Urthboy) from the Herd, were impressed by Funk Injections' abilities, the two groups briefly incorporated in 1998, performing for a while under the name Explanetary.[1]
Explanetary consisted of Levinson on vocals, Stuart on keyboards, Dubber on drums, Realistix on vocals (and sometimes production), No Mumbles (aka Nug) on vocals, Aja Stuart (Stuart's sister) on bass and DJ ALF on cuts.[2] Explanetary only released one EP, In On the Deal, in July 2001[3] following which the members went their separate ways.[4] After Stuart returned from a trip to the U.S. in 2000 with a set of turntables, the two tried jamming together with Dubs playing keyboard, sans vocals. The combination worked so well that they realized they didn't need anything else and Hermitude was formed.

Signing with the Elefant Traks label founded by the Herd, Hermitude released the vinyl-only Imaginary Friends EP in 2002.[5] The collection of esoteric instrumental soundscapes, with two vocal cuts provided by Urthboy and Ozi Batla, sold out and has never been transferred to CD, making it a collector's item. A year later their first album, Alleys to Valleys, was released. The name referred to their moving between Sydney and a recording studio called Sound Heaven in the Blue Mountains, owned by Stuart's father, John Stuart, which allowed them to literally be hermits half the time. The other half of their time they spent coming down from the mountains to try out their new material in the clubs of the city.

The popularity of Hermitude's debut allowed them to earn support billing with touring international acts such as, Dizzee Rascal, RJD2, and DJ Krush, and then record Tales of the Drift in 2005. A more percussive, Cuban sound was created, inspired by Stuart's time spent there in his youth.[1] In 2006 Hermitude embarked overseas to pursue the real world, landing gigs in Europe, Asia and the USA.[6][7][8] They were invited to perform in Malaysia,[9] Norway[9] and Spain as well as at DJ Kentaro’s Japanese album launch,[9] and were booked for Aceyalone and Abstract Rude’s West Coast USA tour. Whilst on this world tour, Dubber and Stuart wrote the tunes that would make up their 2007 Rare Sightings EP release. Released in November 2007, initially sold at venues on their return tour of Australia, this is their fourth release on Elefant Traks. Hermitude then joined Urthboy and The Tongue on a national tour throughout Australia.[10] Copies of the CD sold out during the tour and had to go back to press before copies could be released in stores.
In 2011, Hermitude released two new singles "Get in My Life" and "Speak of the Devil" from their new album, HyperParadise. The album was released on 3 February 2012.[11] The latter single, Speak of the Devil, won the 2011 J Award for Music Video of the Year.[12]
Apart from Hermitude, Stuart has spent the last couple of years playing and touring with Paul Mac as percussionist and DJ, whilst Dubber has lent his keyboard skills to many local Sydney outfits including Gauche, The Tango Saloon and The Bird, as well as touring with Tom Tom Crew the internationally acclaimed Hip-Hop Circus stage production.

Strangely enough, I enjoy this music.
Thoughts people?

V

'vspec'

Hungergames was nothing to write home about, glad I didn't see it at the cinema

V

'vspec'

This is mmmmmyyyyyyyy thread it seems.muhahaha*cough*ahaha!
So suck up some more Hermitude you saps!!!

V

'vspec'

Aussie Mocumentary i've just watched, for 36k, its entertaining to watch.
Fair way short of the 135k they needed though..lol

V

'vspec'

Battleship is pretty sweet for the new alien genre.;) Can wait for the 1080p version.

V

'vspec'

It obviously had the American wank factor towards the end, but I think its great there is a surge in sci-fi again.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Elefant Traks rock (or bounce I guess) they house some of my favorite bands ie the herd, the last kinection, horror show etc.

Anyway getting to the point jjj tonight live at the wireless 8pm a set from hermitude will be on if your interested.

V

'vspec'

yeah dude, was still working and I listened to it!
Experimental in a lot of ways, but i dont know what it is, I enjoy it. Live is better IMO