Reef Discussion

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Moving Tank - Help Needed
Hi all. So I will be moving house in November and it would be awesome if I could get some Reefuge help :)
The date of the move is 99% locked in for the morning of Saturday, November 19th but I should know for sure this Wednesday.
My plan is to take the Friday off and have the tank emptied and cleaned so it will just be a case of using some muscle to take the tank and cabinet to the new place. Tank is a 6x2.5x2.
I am in Carrum Downs and I am only moving about 5 minutes away.
I don't have any glass suckers and we managed without them once but if someone has any they would make life a little easier.
If I could get at least 3 helpers for an hour or so it would be hugely appreciated!

Cheers

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I'll give you a hand i have lots of tubs and stuff as well.
Thanks Andrew, I might take you up on that offer for the tubs for a few days before and after the move if that's ok?

Buddy old pal, I'll give you a hand!

I just moved to Beaumaris and moved my tank with the help of some professionals.
Wow Shane where the hell have you been??? o_0 Nice to see ya around!
That would be awesome!

Cosby

May 14, 2013
Wow Shane where the hell have you been??? o_0 Nice to see ya around!
That would be awesome!
Got a 1yr old now mate, and yep a new place for her to grow up in.

Neglected the tank for a good 12-18 months while we were house hunting, but now we're settled I have more time.

So 19th of November it is. I've still got the same number if you want me to bring anything. I had a bunch of tubs for the move.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Got a 1yr old now mate, and yep a new place for her to grow up in.

Neglected the tank for a good 12-18 months while we were house hunting, but now we're settled I have more time.

So 19th of November it is. I've still got the same number if you want me to bring anything. I had a bunch of tubs for the move.
Ah yeah, the kid would explain things! I will have to drop in and see how your tank is going these days.
My phone backup was wiped a while back so you will need to PM me your number.
Hopefully I can 100% confirm the date in a couple of days.

Cosby

May 14, 2013
I'm just trying to catch up on what you've done with your tank.

You stripped it back, or got a new one?

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Ditched all of the rock and started over with a minimalist scape with "real reef rock" which is dry rock that is really well made. Sold a few fish and corals that weren't fitting in too.
This happened at the start of the year and I didn't really do a great deal to it up until now because I knew I might be moving.
I have some plans for it after I move but only minor things.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Ok guys, we are not too far away!
@gtrxu1 , @Cosby are you guys still ok for next Saturday? I was thinking about 9am? I am happy for earlier if you guys are.
Anyone else want to lend a hand for an hour or so? :D

Thanks!

Last edited:

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Unfortunately I'm working :( otherwise I'd be in! Hope it all goes smoothly :D
Cheers :) Well it looks like there will be about 5 of us if my mates turn up! Fingers crossed everything should go smoothly.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
BRB, going to Oz to help move. I love to see this, here in The States, this would be a rarity. We used to get together to work on our 4 wheel drives all the time, then the whole dynamic here changed and not for the better I'm afraid. :(

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Went really well. Tank is filled and currently heating. Will probably move over the rock tomorrow and then corals and fish.