Tank Journal Archive

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Mtg Tj March 2015 Update
Tanks 4 months old now and starting to settle down giving it another 2-3 months before i start stocking it with coral seeing high algae growth at the moment from the delayed cycle of using dead rock. Tiny bits of Coraline are starting to take hold so hopefully things start looking a little better over the next few months!! Only had a few issues mainly with the auto topup not being 100% reliable it seems to get its sensor end dirty easy (smart topup) minor problem but still a pain. I have barley been doing anything over this first 3 months with only 1 water change phos is currently 0.00 according to the hanna meter. Once i get back from holidays in june i will start getting it into a schedule didn't feel the need with such low phos levels and barley any coral. all other supplements dosed manually and running half dose of ZEOvit sytem (no stones just carbon dosing)
No more fish are being added currently has Flame angel, 2x yellow acessors, 1x redline cleaner shrimp, 1x orchid dotty, 1x bicolour benny

Thats about it nothing to interesting yet sadly!

IMG_1722 march 2015.jpg

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
It is looking like the makings of a MTG tank to me.
Settling in well.
haha cheers nils i find it nothing interesting to look at yet tho!

Nice Matt. It's good too see a slowly stocked tank :)
Very very slowly :D i dont think its ready yet so im holding off i recon another 3 months should be on the right track

Always remember there is more to life then coraline algae :p . Looks great and is only going to get better. Love the scape
i work hard on my scapes glad you like it :D
yes yes yes i know rocks look so gross without it tho!! :P

Noice!! :) Coming along mate :)
Cheers man :)

Nice so far!
Cheers chim!!

megsez

Apr 29, 2012
sunshine coast
I don't know how well it works or even if it does but could you stash some established live rock up the back out of site to help seed the tank?

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
I don't know how well it works or even if it does but could you stash some established live rock up the back out of site to help seed the tank?
Thats what i did just small amounts that was dipped in revive to kill most of the nastys! Live rock was definitely easier in getting established although starting this way means you have no Phos to leak out of old LR and no nasty critters

mcs

Jun 14, 2014
i could scrape you off about 1 tonne of coraline, its nasty eats all the sps elements :P

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
i could scrape you off about 1 tonne of coraline, its nasty eats all the sps elements :p
haha yeah it does tend to do that! mine just doesent seem to want to grow yet! i recon it should be looking better in another 3 months tho!...... hopefully haha

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
haha yeah it does tend to do that! mine just doesent seem to want to grow yet! i recon it should be looking better in another 3 months tho!...... hopefully haha
Time to change your lights, lol.
Kessil? Hehehe