Tank Journal Archive

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Mtg Tj Update June 2015
Well!! Not much to really show! the tanks still not stable in terms of cyano after 6 months what is a bit of a pain. ive still been holding on adding more coral until its ready but heres how it looks at the moment

Hopefully starts settling down soon so i can start adding more coral!

Smart ATO is giving me the shits. the amount of times this thing play up.... Think i might go back to a manual float valve one soon!

Attachments

Nick_85

Sep 22, 2014
Well!! Not much to really show! the tanks still not stable in terms of cyano after 6 months what is a bit of a pain. ive still been holding on adding more coral until its ready but heres how it looks at the moment

Hopefully starts settling down soon so i can start adding more coral!

Smart ATO is giving me the shits. the amount of times this thing play up.... Think i might go back to a manual float valve one soon!
How is the smart ato playing up? Had mine for 8 months not one drama?

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
How is the smart ato playing up? Had mine for 8 months not one drama?
randomly starts beeping that its got a bad connection. happens all the time i usualy have to wash the end that sits in the water and realign and power off and turn back on happens every couple weeks

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
Hey mate. My thoughts exactly with the inappropriate called smart ato. It constantly beeped in the middle of the night. Driving my wife and I insane. I made the switch about 6 months ago to the tunze nano ATO and never looked back.

Reactions: MTG

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Hey mate. My thoughts exactly with the inappropriate called smart ato. It constantly beeped in the middle of the night. Driving my wife and I insane. I made the switch about 6 months ago to the tunze nano ATO and never looked back.
Hey mate pros and cons of the tunze mini ?

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
Pros are never had a problem.
Cons if you get snails in your sump i would worry. The snail guard i am not convinced will stop snail's.
However i am sure with some thought i could make something.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
i never realy get snails in my sump so that shouldnt be an issue! what do they usualy retail for?

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
Is that a Yellow Assessor in with a Magenta Dottyback?

I wouldn't have thought they'd be compatible. How do they go together?