Tank Journal Archive

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
This is the last FTS that my tank will look like this.
today its being stripped and moved to my new residence. i have a few things planned during the move so stay tuned for something a little different from the ordinary!

image taken 10 days ago
29Jun2013_60cm-illumagic_68071000px.jpg

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Just thought I'd pop over and say WOW your tank looks absolutely stunning! :D Wicked photography skills too, that's an awesome pic!

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Thanks guys!! the move went well few corals arnt happy but they should recover on a lighter note the scape has been completely changed and i love it!!
just need the hammers to come back out and make it look good again! :D

one massive change. i have no substrate now and i cut a piece of thin black acrylic for the floor, the plan is to have zoas and GSP growing over the whole bottom of the tank , where there is light there will be coral!!!

looks messy now just need to siphon out the left over dregs from the move,

i think soon once it settles its time to pack the bottom out with GSP and ZOOS to get it nice and overgrown with colour. the black should give nice contrast in the areas where light might not be suitable to grow it like under the large zoo overhang rock on the right hand side.

i have pictured in my mind now its time to achieve it! ETA 12 months for it to be looking how i want it

hope you all enjoy the ride!

ps sorry for the bluer pic was late in my night cycle!

left to do
- re cable everything into the cabinet
-hookup UPS
-clean bottom of tank siphon out rocks and debris
-black backing again for right hand side
-add more zoas!
10Jul2013_tank_7062EE.jpg

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
I love the plan! Not much (in my mind anyway) competes with some amazing hammers right around each other. This will look spectacular!
Sam

Reactions: MTG

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
day two after the move. things are improving corals slowly coming out. id say they are about 1/4 extended things are definitely getting better still need to suck all the gunk of the bottom tho. some zoas starting to come out

11Jul2013_7065-3EE.jpg

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Tank is starting to look grouse again! :D
I forgot to ask, with the zoas are you going to go lots of smaller frags or fewer larger one??

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Tank is starting to look grouse again! :D
I forgot to ask, with the zoas are you going to go lots of smaller frags or fewer larger one??
lots of small pieces to grow it out. i want to try make it nice and flat so when they attach and start spreading ill probly remove the original pieces and let it grow back over the hole. well thats the plan anyway!

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
hate it, rubbish idea, glad I didn't think of that.... :rolleyes

looking good Matt, sure it will be back to its full glory soon!! Plenty of pics.

Time lapse the gsp adding.....:D

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
hate it, rubbish idea, glad I didn't think of that.... :rolleyes

looking good Matt, sure it will be back to its full glory soon!! Plenty of pics.

Time lapse the gsp adding.....:D
i plan to do daily photos for the next two weeks just to show it slowly come out and i recon ill have to do a weekly shot just so i can time lapse!

What is that on top of your MP10? Looking a bit close for comfort...
hey bud its filter wool i allways sit it there after a water change the water pull from the vortech gets all the floatys stuck in it then after a few days i throw it out. easy way to clean up the water column after stiring it all up!

Day 3 after the move, this are looking stable for the first three days so thats a good sign! corals coming out a little more id say getting close to half out, water clearing up and the skimmer has settled down now. once it stabilizes i will add more zoas and gsp,
12Jul2013_7089EE.jpg

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
The tank is starting to look back to its former glory :)

What leds are you using too?? They really look grouse!

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
The tank is starting to look back to its former glory :)

What leds are you using too?? They really look grouse!
its definitely starting to shape up now!! things are starting to look alot better. still along way to go but it should look great in a few months hopefully!

led unit is an illumagic blaze advanced alc,

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
its definitely starting to shape up now!! things are starting to look alot better. still along way to go but it should look great in a few months hopefully!

led unit is an illumagic blaze advanced alc,

No doubt!!

Awesome thanks for that mate :)