Off-Topic

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
haha okay so out of all that, oasis and van morrison are my only interests. i do agree with @MichelleShocked that lyrics these days are about as creative as a worm with a paint brush. but in saying that, thats what makes people want to search for artsits out there who still realise the true understanding of music. music is meant to make you feel, but to also express. yeah ok some songs may be catchy, but its the lyrics, more so the poetry mixed with a melody that really gets our attention :)

i apologize if that little speech made people fall asleep :p
but these are just some of the songs ive fallen in love with in the past week: (notice that they are all meaningful in terms of lyrics)

i hope that all you metal heads can at least appreciate my taste in music :P

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone

That's where the "cuteness" stops, because later that night when she's in trouble for giving me attitude I get a, "I can say what I want to."

:rage:rage:rage

Fucking Miley [/quote/}

The bit that goes "its my mouth and I can say what I want" makes me want to reply "Its my hand and I'll slap you stupid if I want"

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I can always appreciate :p
I love the fact that there's more than one metal fan :rolleyes and Korn fans WOW lol they are a very acquired taste

Cause we're all posting songs I thought I'd jump in with a new (metal) song that gave me a pleasant surprise :) Not the most deep and meaningful lyrics though lol
Hail to the King by Avenged Sevenfold:

E

ezza

I have really been loving Ed Sheeran lately. He trumps the melody, lovely voice, brilliant tunes and knock you down raw reality and depth of meaning in music. "Small Bump" gets a bit of AirPlay atm, but it brings me close to tears every time.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
I find small bunp really hard to listen to as well s@ezza

on the subject of metal, would Days of the New classify as metal or rockk?

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I find small bunp really hard to listen to as well s@ezza

on the subject of metal, would Days of the New classify as metal or rockk?
didn't they start as metal and then become more of an acoustic rock band?

Cosby

May 14, 2013
Another metal head here, so to speak. Although I'm very choosey. I like my doom/stoner/sludge metal with a bit of death/extreme/thrash metal thrown in as well, and lots of hard rock, punk and grunge.

I'm a failed muso as well. We're a very big club.

Cosby

May 14, 2013
didn't they start as metal and then become more of an acoustic rock band?
They started as a somewhat grunge stoner band, and then went acoustic, and into pop, from memory. The singer went solo too.

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
I can't even claim to even know any "soul" type music :confused: ....I don't mind some of Van Morrison's stuff.... Diana Ross/Aretha Franklin keep popping into mind - and I'd rather they didn't *shudder*.
I couldn't even name a blues singer (that's alive). All that comes to mind is the Blues Brothers and one of THEM is dead :(

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
Diana Ross and Aretha Franklin are exactly what souls is haha!
how about Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, Barry White?

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Alright, I don't mind a bit of the last three even though I'm a metal head lol
Who can resist the voice of Barry White though :rolleyes

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
Diana Ross and Aretha Franklin are exactly what souls is haha!
how about Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, Barry White?
Yeah, nah. :(
Soul, Blues and Jazz are three genres that just leave me cold. Jazz never sounds right to me - the notes are all over the shop and I can't follow it intuitively.
Soul just doesn't catch my ear - it doesn't make me want to sing along with it. It could well be the Church-choir origins of it that disinterests me - my mother sings a lot of choir stuff and I can't stand it. Blues is probably the only one that I can listen to (if forced to choose between the three, I mean) - Dire Straits, Roger Waters/Pink Floyd, Bruce Springsteen, Nick Cave, Leonard Cohen and many others have all ventured into Blues territory and I like their efforts. If asked to name a Blues singer, I guess I'd come up with Billie Halliday. I guess I'm sort of a Accidental Blues listener, rather than an actively dedicated one ;)

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
I heard this live on Triple J the other day - so awesome! These guys had one week to put this medley together

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
Another jumping on the rock\m/metal bandwagon, which has kinda progressed to (on some days anyway) dubstep (as we all know Skrillex was actually a metal singer). Favourites atm; The Butterfly Effect, Dead Letter Circus, Karnivool, COG, Metallica, Airbourne, Acca, Disturbed, Davenport Cabinet, Device, Hellyeah, Skrillex, Unlimited Gravity, Opiou, Forte, Trivium, UKJ, GNR, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and the list goes on and on and on....