Tank Journal Archive

Miller

Dec 4, 2012
traralgon
Where Are you getting the clowns from? Have you had a look at photons snowflakes on Facebook?
I have just gotten a pair of premiums from him and I'm more then happy with there service and postage was great

BlueBolts

Apr 7, 2014
Currambine
Where Are you getting the clowns from? Have you had a look at photons snowflakes on Facebook?
I have just gotten a pair of premiums from him and I'm more then happy with there service and postage was great
Thanks, but my experience with Photons was extremely disappointing. The pair I ordered arrived dead, due to poor packaging, and although it was airport to airport, it arrived at 11.30pm, pick up was only open from 8am.. Nevertheless, less then 18hours in the bags, and they were dead. Was given two options, re-send or refund, but I had to pay for the postage again, or deducted if I chose either option.. Postage and quarantine check (WA) was $140...I wasn't confident that Peter learnt or could pack well enough not to ensure another pair shared the same fate, so opted with a refund, with $140 out of pocket ! More disappointed with the experience & death of the poor snowflakes then the $.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
BlueBolts certainly knows how to ship... On three occasions I have received livestock from him and even a 36 hour lay over was nothing for the condition of my livestock. All swimming and dancing.

BlueBolts

Apr 7, 2014
Currambine
Nervous 2-3 days..... Notice the purple haddoni retracting, and deflate to 1/8 it's size with its mouth perturbing upwards...
ai1079.photobucket.com_albums_w515_bluebolts_Other_6164823F_293D_444F_8B68_303C7D271C27.jpg
ai1079.photobucket.com_albums_w515_bluebolts_Other_1B1F2156_D835_47E8_A2CE_059495A763D5.jpg

24+ hours, and it's just inflating itself
ai1079.photobucket.com_albums_w515_bluebolts_Other_BEA8B80E_2221_4F97_A9ED_0F2CEB95916B.jpg

All other anemones and WP were looking great, but still a nervous period :)

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
Oh man forgot about your TJ, Im glad I subscribed to new updates, these are crazy good

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Wow the colours are coming out real great. The things id do for onw of those color haddonis. Any chance of letting us know where you got them from? :)

BlueBolts

Apr 7, 2014
Currambine
Wow the colours are coming out real great. The things id do for onw of those color haddonis. Any chance of letting us know where you got them from? :)
A local collector, who decided to sell it due to personal reasons......fortunately only lived 10 mins away, so the stress of move was absolutely minimal. She's ONLY have a brown/tan coloured haddoni left.....

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
I am sure you will, but please be careful adding a tank bred clown in with these haddoni's. A member on a Facebook page added a snowflake and haddoni to a small tank last Saturday - by Sunday morning the haddoni had eaten its first meal :banghead

BlueBolts

Apr 7, 2014
Currambine
I am sure you will, but please be careful adding a tank bred clown in with these haddoni's. A member on a Facebook page added a snowflake and haddoni to a small tank last Saturday - by Sunday morning the haddoni had eaten its first meal :banghead
Thanks for the heads up.....yeah the haddoni's are vicious that way. Is that typical to tank bred clowns ? ..... Maybe I'll CXL my picasso order and get normal clowns......

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Not sure - haddoni's are pretty sticky and a tank bred clown would never have seen an anemone before. I don't know how much of the hosting knowledge of a clown is 'in built' or how much is taught. Could make for an interesting study.

BlueBolts

Apr 7, 2014
Currambine
Not sure - haddoni's are pretty sticky and a tank bred clown would never have seen an anemone before. I don't know how much of the hosting knowledge of a clown is 'in built' or how much is taught. Could make for an interesting study.
Definitely an interesting and worthwhile observatio....would you like to sponsor the study ?.... Please....ONLY +$400 :-)

BlueBolts

Apr 7, 2014
Currambine
Purple anemone sulked again, and the green looked heading that way. Decided to feed them, and they grabbed the snapper pieces vigorously. Within 2 hours they were fully inflated, and their anemone world is all happy again......after all the stress, the conclusion was that they were just hungry !

Red anemone move down to the substrate this arvo.....just need to encourage the damn tan/brown anemone to move...

Been concerned with the phosphates (using hanna phosphorus ULR), and queried with Hanna on the reliability of the new batch of regent purchased as it was showing a HIGH reading in my tanks, RO and distilled water. I was embarrassed when told the formula to convert ppm to ppm is /1000.... Was using x3.066/1000. Duh ! That's makes all the difference and know closely resembles the redsea phosphate test. :-)

Matt_95

Dec 16, 2013
Those anemones are beautiful blue bolts, glad to see it's working out for you. Can't wait to see them under some better lighting.

Regarding the tank bred clowns and anemones. Here's a video I took of mine.

BlueBolts

Apr 7, 2014
Currambine
I've done a rookie mistake and not researched the suitability of the yellow band maroon clown to my haddoni's. The LFS wasn't 100% sure they were a pair, and/or whether the haddoni's would host them :-) It was s shameful decision, but I purchased them. :rolleyes Impatience and impulsiveness is no doubt my weakest attributes.:banghead

They've been in the tanks now for 6+ hours, settling in well, but staying away from the anemone, or under it ....

Anyone have haddoni's hosting the yellow bands ? Someone please say yes

ai1079.photobucket.com_albums_w515_bluebolts_Other_D474053F_2632_4623_8C2A_3F03E7927456_1.jpg