Tank Journal Archive

BlueBolts

Apr 7, 2014
Currambine
Thanks Matt, all I needed was hope :-) You've made my sleep easier tonight......was considering leaving the lights on for the entire night ? But will leave it as is .....fingers cross.

BlueBolts

Apr 7, 2014
Currambine
Been attempting to irritate the tan anemone to move/repositioned itself...tried the ice cubes, power head and even used a plastic grab resting on it (pic below), and all without success... Decided to place a live rock above it, to block the lights, and/or to encourage it to face the right way :) (......rock isn't resting on it )

ai1079.photobucket.com_albums_w515_bluebolts_Other_9774BE75_CF2D_493E_B786_0F44C092FEB8.jpg

ai1079.photobucket.com_albums_w515_bluebolts_Other_41A918C8_EE71_4904_AE71_CE6186C83016.jpg

Curious to see whether this works ? I doubt it....as it's been on that position since day 1, but atleast it's facing the right way now...

Last edited:
E

ezza

My husband is deeply impressed. He likes things he would put in his theoretical "evil tank". ;)

BlueBolts

Apr 7, 2014
Currambine
My husband is deeply impressed. He likes things he would put in his theoretical "evil tank". ;)
LOL, he must have the same sense of humour I have. :) Loving the haddoni's...... the clowns add's another dimension to the tank.

Think I've got the LED's on too bright.....my red anemone decided to move from it's prime position to the back of the tank where it's not so bright......lesson learnt, have dialled it down.

Last edited:

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Less is more mate, if they stretch out for light then give them more.
What's the ETA on your new lights. I am getting a bit worried for you.

BlueBolts

Apr 7, 2014
Currambine
Less is more mate, if they stretch out for light then give them more.
What's the ETA on your new lights. I am getting a bit worried for you.
No idea on my lights :) the order got lost overseas, and all back to square one...just send an email for an update ....

Absolutely ecstatic 2day, both my maroon clown seems to be getting along, and dare I say may become a pair. Both dancing and enjoying the anemones....sooo great to see, and family absolutely enjoying the tank....:)

Last edited:

BlueBolts

Apr 7, 2014
Currambine
I've got a rock full of star polyps that I use to shade my anemones to encourage it to move etc,...... Noticed 2-3 weeks ago that the edges of the red anemone turning white, but coincidentally it was also the closest point to the surface, so attributed to it having too much light......
ai1079.photobucket.com_albums_w515_bluebolts_Other_2DCDD12A_E25B_4F6F_8788_A7EA8FA6C2DD_1.jpg

And today noticed the tan anemone exhibiting the same symptoms, as I've recently moved the star polyp above it....
ai1079.photobucket.com_albums_w515_bluebolts_Other_19E4CCED_7E14_4F0F_8C1A_BDBA96357588.jpg

So conclusion , star polyps 1, haddoni 0 ?

BlueBolts

Apr 7, 2014
Currambine
My red anemone's been moving around over the past few days and trying different spots.... Finally settled and squeezed between another two... Hoping it will nestled in and stay at this premium location

ai1079.photobucket.com_albums_w515_bluebolts_D38C57C1_B30E_46E3_B16D_0FDD256785D6.jpg

lorby

Nov 26, 2012
Tank looks amazing!!! Yeah, star polyps can be brutal! I have mine segregated from my other corals, even my hammers and torches had their hands (hammers?) full with those guys!

BlueBolts

Apr 7, 2014
Currambine
Tank looks amazing!!! Yeah, star polyps can be brutal! I have mine segregated from my other corals, even my hammers and torches had their hands (hammers?) full with those guys!
Would never have thought the star polyps would effect the infamous anemones. Have relocated them...

The anemones have definitely improved their colouration since I've got them, and looking fwd to see them at their full colouration in the coming months/years. The red anemone has decided to move again....it's looking extremely healthy, but obviously not 100% happy with its previous positions.....I don't think its a light issue! but perhaps space....as its the largest of the anemones, and it's been close to the top, on the sand! and in between corals..... Fingers cross it'll find and settle to its new position.

BlueBolts

Apr 7, 2014
Currambine
Never got a reply, and the orange haddoni seems to be taken off :-( heard there's a yellow and pink available, so hunting that down ATM.

Delighted with the tank's & anemone progress, and now trying the redsea reef energy A&B to determine whether it will enhance the colouration of the anemones.... All opinions appreciated.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Never got a reply, and the orange haddoni seems to be taken off :-( heard there's a yellow and pink available, so hunting that down ATM.

Delighted with the tank's & anemone progress, and now trying the redsea reef energy A&B to determine whether it will enhance the colouration of the anemones.... All opinions appreciated.

That sucks he can be like that sometimes :(

Nice they'd look awesome.. Is a tank size upgrade on the cards?