Reef Discussion

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I would like to think the three Valium and double jacks did the trick , but I was sweating bullets as my contraban passed through the airport security check point.
Cannot wait to get these sticks and fish home- they have been on one memorable ride so far.

Shout out to all that made this awesome weekend happen.
Thanks!

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Well everyone is absolutely knackered in my house! What a weekend, I think we'll be sleeping till tomorrow morning at this rate! Lol
20160904_141931.jpg

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
It was truly wonderful to finally meet everyone and just have an absolute riot of fun for the last three days :D I hope everyone gets and got home sound and safe :)
We all got some amazing corals, clams and fish and I can't wait to see pics of everyone's new goodies settled!

We'll definitely be starting a frag pack thread so everyone can show off and keep track of the amazing fra packs that Dave wonderfully made for us all :D

Andrew B

Mar 14, 2015
Kangaroo Ground
@Andrew B Your tank looked like you were up all night positioning your haul. Must say you have done a good job positioning them.
It looked great on a photo you sent to Dom.
Hope you share with us when you are ready.
basically went straight to bed when you left, i positioned them this morning :rolleyes, will make an update soon :p

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Been a huge day. Breezed through the airport, they didn't even blink at the bags full of coral.
Great flight home, had a spare seat which gave us more room.
Jumped in the R (grin) and went to Gerhard's place and put all our corals in - all survived and look brilliant.
Went home to the new apartment, got a call from G to help get his "stopped" bike home.
Back home, yummy Thai prawn curry and a very expensive bottle of champagne to celebrate - RELAX!!
Huge thanks to Sam for everything, brilliant, brilliant weekend we certainly have a unique group of people in the Reefuge.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
It's already been said a few times, but it doesn't hurt to say it again ...

@Sam Parker, thanks for coming up with the idea for the get together over the weekend, and for having the perseverance to actually make it happen. It is all so easy to get caught up in our busy lives and to let great ideas like this never see the light of day.

The last 3 days seem like a bit of a blur. I'm not sure what happened on Saturday - we got off to an early start and the next thing I know it is midnight; I am knocking back a few beers with some great mates; trying to fit 12 corals and a couple of strombs into a small foam box that I can fit into my bag; and my wallet seemed to be missing a few (or more) $100 notes :eek

I think the whole weekend personified the spirit of The Reefuge and I hope that we can have many more of this type of get together in the future. For those that were thinking of coming, and didn't, you missed out big time ;)

Thanks to all those Victorian members that attended all or some of the events. A special thank you to @daveH, @somethingfishy76 and @slin1977 for making the effort to travel from interstate. And thanks to @Sam Parker (and Anna and Ruby) and @Wrangy for providing accommodation for those of us that traveled - much appreciated.

@Fragalicious - this one is starting to settle in nicely :)

Trachy-1.jpg

Reactions: Rob