Tank Journal Archive

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
National Meeting Haul.
So here goes the next instalment of the holiday tank journal.

What a fantastic weekend it was to meet fellow aquarists down in Melbourne.
We covered many miles visiting LFS and boutique frag operations.
Had lots of fun along the way, made new friends and cemented friendships with others too.
This past weekend goes down as the highlight of my time at The Reefuge and could only hope that we catch up again one day, which I know will happen with certainty.
Thank you to all that made it happen and to those I met on the crawl.

A busy tank it's going to be after this haul I collected on my trip down to Melbourne.

My Reefuge frag kit that Dave at
@Deerpark Aquariumhand made is going to be a treasure , I was blown away by the down to earth nature of Dave who set up the frag night and happens to have coloured sticks that made me go weak at the knees. :D

Here it goes - my haul and frag kit, that has been through a heck of a lot in the last 24 hours. Hopefully it pulls through to give those that attended the meeting a run as we all got the same kit!!!

Cheers !
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I'm surprised you didn't get a cavity search there :p especially when you turned around for the all okay thumbs up like the security hadn't found the drugs you were hiding hahaha

Some cracking additions mate!!

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I'm surprised you didn't get a cavity search there :p especially when you turned around for the all okay thumbs up like the security hadn't found the drugs you were hiding hahaha

Some cracking additions mate!!
Yap you are not wrong, I bet they are reviewing the security footage right now.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Excellent - did security at the airport even look at them ?
Security looked on the X-ray monitor and glanced at the box. They didn't even have a second thought about it.

At the gate ,As I showed my boarding ticket the hostess asked if there was dry ice in the box. I said "No"and that was it.

In the plane the greeting hostess asked what was in the box, I said "Coral" and she said that there was a bigger overhead luggage compartment in the middle seat row for the box as I had the window seat overhead for my carry on bag.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Fiji ships the yellow leathers that way and Indo ships the Cladiella Colt Corals that way as well. If they didn't, it would be a soft coral milkshake by the time it got here. If those 2 get into the corner of a bag, it's good night Irene. :(

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Fiji ships the yellow leathers that way and Indo ships the Cladiella Colt Corals that way as well. If they didn't, it would be a soft coral milkshake by the time it got here. If those 2 get into the corner of a bag, it's good night Irene. :(
Yap, upside down works on the
softies.
Interestingly I saw a trigger fish bagged up on our LFS crawl, the trigger was added to a bag containing another piece of clear bag for the purpose of the fish to chew on ,as triggers are nervous shippers and tend to chew through the transport bags causing well can only imagine a wet flapping mess on the front seat of the car.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
They do the same thing when they transship triggers, but they're in 4 2 mil bags with a layer of newspaper in there to keep them from seeing anything. I personally ship all leathers suspended, it's mainly to pawn the Styrofoam off on someone else so I don't have to deal with a bazillion boxes which nobody wants for recycling.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Yap, upside down works on the
softies.
Interestingly I saw a trigger fish bagged up on our LFS crawl, the trigger was added to a bag containing another piece of clear bag for the purpose of the fish to chew on ,as triggers are nervous shippers and tend to chew through the transport bags causing well can only imagine a wet flapping mess on the front seat of the car.
That was the little blue throat that I bought. The guy also through in some pieces of carbon (i think) for the trigger to chew on.
I think he was in the bag for about 8 hours all up and made it home fine. He is doing great now!

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
The only thing in the world worse than triggers is damn piranha. If you wanna see bag carnage order a box of Gold or Black wild caught piranha, it looks like the bags went through a chipper.