Tank Journal Archive

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
New Addition & Update On Coral Colour & Growth
I've added a fluro green cushion coral to my system.. always seem to have a liking for these corals even though alot of people don't.. think they're under rated.. every reef needs one of these guys in them. :)

Also.. with coral color and growth.. everything's coloring up much more intensely and growing pretty fast considering.. my ricordeas which are on the tiles have doubled in sized and my yellow ricordea has also grew a considerable amount. On another note.. my sympodium has great polyp extension but hasn't shown much growth..

Also got around to fragging my blasto! to really see how fast one polyp mutiples in my system

Top down during water change:

2015-06-14 18.11.40.jpg

Photo of green cushion coral:

20150607_180128.jpg

Photo of my sympodium:

2015-06-17 17.18.36.jpg

jart

Apr 10, 2015
Tanks looking great.

+2 for loving my cushion coral. Seeing it eat my CBS' discarded shell after a moult still rates up there with one of the coolest things i have seen in my time keeping a slice of reef.:)

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Love my cushions too. You are right everyone should have one. He's very nice too. :)
Thank you, yeah one of my favs are these guys and trachys.. but the multi coloured ones.. ive seen rhe rainbow cushions over at LA last year.. they're amazing

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Tanks looking great.

+2 for loving my cushion coral. Seeing it eat my CBS' discarded shell after a moult still rates up there with one of the coolest things i have seen in my time keeping a slice of reef.:)
Appreciate the postive feedback @jart

Yeah mine tends to catch my peppermint shrimp molts

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
That one of the reasons I love this hobby. There is sooo many types of colours, corals and fish species that everyone tanks arw interesting!
Yeeah definitely. Its the diverisifcation in both the livestock itself and the hobbyist mind frame and how they aim to achieve their setup.