Tank Journal Archive

James Plush

Nov 25, 2014
New Additions And The Algae War
Hi All , Just a little update .

I have slowly been adding a few more Zoa frags and a single mat of GSP to replace the first one which melted away and a small Hammer as well .
Out of the horror shipment i mentioned in my first post i have only one survivor which is a small colony of Blue Zoa`s , the 4 turbo snails died and the GSP melted away :( .
I also decided to try reef roids to help the zoa`s grow , unfortunately being new at this game i over fed a bit i think and with in a week the Algae took off , i appear to have bubble algae and a green algae as well . However the strombus loves the algae and is mowing it down in droves which is good , i also replaced the Turbo`s and added some micro snails and have done more frequent water changes and the algae appears to be slowly disappearing .
Parameters are the same as my last update .
And i got my new Micmol Aqua Pro light up and running which has made the zoa`s a lot happier .

I have started to glue a few frags down here and there as the strombus likes to move them around alot.
Can any one tell me the best way to trim the plug of the bottom of the frag tile without damaging the tile or zoa`s ?

Cheers James .
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v246_Thiokol_011_zpskbn42ax5.jpg
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v246_Thiokol_026_zpsnnonfunk.jpg
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v246_Thiokol_th_031_zps2dcc2me9.jpg