Tank Journal Archive

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
New Approach To Water Changes
I've started changing my water change schedule from doing a 30L change once per week to dividing it up into 4L changes each day.
This way I don't have to turn anything off except the ATO. I have a small pump in the skimmer section and while that is pumping into a measured bucket I pour the same amount into the return section.
1 minute and it's done. I guess I'll see if it makes any difference.

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
I've started changing my water change schedule from doing a 30L change once per week to dividing it up into 4L changes each day.
This way I don't have to turn anything off except the ATO. I have a small pump in the skimmer section and while that is pumping into a measured bucket I pour the same amount into the return section.
1 minute and it's done. I guess I'll see if it makes any difference.
Sounds like someone needs a litermeter......

200L pickle drum in a cupboard to store NSW/ASW, some JG tubing to get the water to the tank (through the wall, under the carpet, along/behind the skirting, etc, another line to get it from the tank to a drain somewhere) and you will be changing water 150 times a day :cum

Sean81

Nov 11, 2015
Sydney, South
I have also looked into auto water in an apartment but bit to difficult/ugly. A now do 7-8% 3 times a fortnight and it affects nothing in the tank to do with water line. Just hooding for bit more stability.