Tank Journal Archive

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
New Coral Update Thread
A thread just to show the new additions I've added into the tank. Recently I've added two hand full of really nice and rare frags into the tank.

Heres a teaser to some of the sps: a rare purple and yellow polyped encrusting montipora, a nice green with red polyps montipora and a rare purple with blue polyp encrusting montipora

image.jpg

Heres a teaser to some of the zoas: one of my favourites - golds/ yellows, greens and golds & also Aussie golds. Some that have names are the red sparkles, dark violet blues aren't pictured. :)

image.jpg

And lastly a frontal shot showing its current state with all the new stuff inside. Note two scollys have been sold to make room, my bi colour and citron have been removes from my tank also. :) enjoy guys.

image.jpg

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
you've done so well to have everything sit and not get toppled over, do you use ecotech glue?
Hey dude, yeah I'm OCD with coral placement so I stick down all the corals in a spot where I want them. I've used ecotech but I prefer much more the ocean wonders glue. Just like the viscosity of it and my frags stick better to it.

Note if you're gonna glue frags to rock. Make sure you use ocean wonders one. Looks better for one.. And it's rough in texture..so they'll stick much better to the rock work. I have the square smooth ones and they're useless to stick onto rock. Believe it or not.. The coral glue does not stick to it very well. My snails would be able to push them off.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
i gotta look into that glue...i must admit havent been too thrilled with the ecotech glue i bought

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
i gotta look into that glue...i must admit havent been too thrilled with the ecotech glue i bought
Yeah I've tried nearly every cyanoacrlyte glue on the market and I've just stuck to ocean wonders.. Now. I've found ocean wonders glue mixed with oceans wodners putty. Top notch rock scape s
When ya getting a bigger tank!?
Once this tanks really grows out and matures. It's only 5 months old currently. :)

I would do wonders if I had a bigger tank. But not just yet bud.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Just montis and sps but those pastel coloured sps, then I'll probably get a few show piece hammers probably a gold a toxic green and maybe a blue or something

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Just montis and sps but those pastel coloured sps, then I'll probably get a few show piece hammers probably a gold a toxic green and maybe a blue or something
Sounds good. I might honestly skip keeping sps.. Just a couple montis. But I'm a little ceebs for the acros. I've got a blue tip and base tick acro frag. A blue tip and base frag with fluffy brown polyps.. Which has two stems on the tile and a bright yellow acro. Think I prefer the low profile of the montis better myself.. Also my green coral goby annoys the acros.