Tank Journal Archive

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
New Fish & A Video!
On another note, as you can all see in the pics I picked myself up the most adorable little teeny tiny Bellus Angel last week and I am completely in love lol. Along with her I picked up another little monster of a wrasse haha this little guy was just way to nice to miss out on!
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_20170516_081822_01_zps8yvziavk.jpeg

The only minor issue is he may grow lol but at least he'll grow into a stunner so he can go to a good home (or I'll upgrade haha). The little blighter is eating mysis like a guts but the pellets are still a little too bit for him, he's very interested though! His official name is hologymnosus doliatus or the red ring wrasse!
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_HologymDoliat2MarkRosenstein_zpsyfy7ggud.jpg

Please excuse the bubble algae lol I'm dealing with it haha but here's a vid

Wazza22

Oct 3, 2015
Perth
I see you have some coraline algae trying to control you bubble algae, let me know how that works out :D
Awesome addition btw

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
I see you have some coraline algae trying to control you bubble algae, let me know how that works out :D
Awesome addition btw
I have to say I have never before seen bubble algae with coralline algae! Amazing stuff. Your Strombus must be plated to the Aquarium glass.

That wrasse is beautiful! From the look of it's mouth I bet you don't have any snails and I wonder if it might not munch on live rock - it looks like a parrot fish.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Looking awesome Dom! you seem to bring the bubble algae where ever you go!
Not for looonnnggg :D haha

Awesome addition btw
It's actually a little surprising lol the coralline grows quicker than the bubbles so they don't get much time before they're covered and it just looks like my rocks have some kind of purple bubbly growth haha

I have to say I have never before seen bubble algae with coralline algae! Amazing stuff. Your Strombus must be plated to the Aquarium glass.

That wrasse is beautiful! From the look of it's mouth I bet you don't have any snails and I wonder if it might not munch on live rock - it looks like a parrot fish.
I have lots of tasty snails in the tank haha luckily he's not nearly big enough to be eating them yet :P one day though lol and they don't eat rock but pretty much everything else haha

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
hahahahahahahahaha. hahahahhahahahahahahahaha wherever dom goes he gets picked on about his bubble algae :D

Ok, I'll do the opposite of a management technique which is called the feedback sandwich. That is when you give positive feed back, slide a criticism in there and then finish with another slice of positive bread. I've already had a dig at your bubble algae, so let me comment on how much I love that wrasse, they are a total stunner!

Now for the final slice:
ai.imgur.com_9WI1f5h.png