Tank Journal Archive

To be honest I do feel its a bit crowded, the whole idea is to upsize the tank and this will happen over the next couple of months. I intend to only keep certain pieces and say goodbye to the ones that ted to grow too fast like the Finger leather. Maybe keep a small cutting but it does grow quite big. Our Melbourne trip was the trip that took the tank from almost full to full. Now after finding a awesome little shop in Wynnum QLD, its gone from full to over full.

The scape will hopefully be two bommies with maybe a third against the glass in the middle back. But I am trying to log each of the 77 coral pieces I have and find a spot for it considering its requirements. Pretty much take what works now and move it over. Same height same flow.

Water volume will go up from 344L to 486L (including sump)
Floor surface area from 5400cm2to 8540cm2
Front viewing area from 5400cm2to 6100cm2

Basic sump.
750LX400HX550D
Enough volume so that when emptied it will equate to a 20% change. Current planning looks like 111L volume.
Two socks fed by overflow tray.
Single compartment for skimmer and UV, maybe if needed some kind of reactor but I'm trying to move away from any reactors.
Large bubble trap to hold Siporax. Forced through.
Return compartment big enough to handle evaporation and stop start level fluctuations.
Chiller inside the cabinet with external exchaust.
Shelves above chiller for test kits.
Enough room remaining for dosing pumps mounted on the doors along with dosing bottles.

Tank wil have a ghost box configuration with three down pipes. Durso's with one emergency drain.

Light will be my two Ethereal's.