Tank Journal Archive

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
... probably hammer torch etc can anyone think of any nice corals I can keep in a small tank?
Pretty much any LPS or soft coral will be fine, you just want things that are going to stay small as you won't have much room for frags once they grow out and need trimming back. Try and find a really small torch or hammer as they can grow quite big. There are two kinds of hammers, the branching kind and the 'wedge' - I never know the correct term for it. The wedge sort will stay the same size for longer. The branching grow a lot faster and will need occasional fragging.

A nice soft coral is the Golden Broccoli coral (Nephthea sp) from Oceanarium. I've found that mine has stayed reasonably small and is quite delicate/pretty looking. You'll have to contact Pete from Oceanarium to find out if he has any in stock as there are none up on his website at the moment.

jeff1988

Sep 2, 2013
its the led light that comes with the ocean free nano marine the corals are all opening right up and the tank is only 12" deep none of the corals seem to be "stretching" out for light