Tank Journal Archive

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
New Light ..zetlight 3600
My new light has been added and I have come to the conclusion that my aqua scaping skills sux....
Also added some SPS

Attachments

Akin Samuel

Jun 11, 2015
Hi Rob,
I have a tank 2 feet wide 1.5 feet from to back and about 27 inch water depth. I am currently using a low powered Blue/white LED that was built by the guy who sold me the tank. I am planning to upgrade my lighting to ZP3600 and that is where I want your help. I have a few LPS corals now, but definitely plan on going SPS in the near future. I want your opinion on these lights about the coloration and growth in corals. I read that you lately moved to ATI, were you not happy with the lights? The issue is that zp3600 will fit in my budget currently but at the same time I do not want to regret my purchase later on. Your help will be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
Hi Akin, If you plan to get SPS. I wouldn't recommend the zetlight. T5 lights would be cheaper option and you will get much better color and growth. (Get a brand name)
However if you still want to try the zp3600 you could buy mine for $350 ...lol
In all honesty its not suitable for SPS unless you supplement it wit T5s IMO

Last edited:

Akin Samuel

Jun 11, 2015
Does that include postage to India :p

@Akin Samuel :welcome
ha ha... Thanks MagicJ and Rob... But as MagicJ pointed am in India (Bombay):)... The problem is that there are not many options here in terms of lighting.. My LFS has Zetlight readily available.. he can source Radion, AI and Maxspect but the first two are exorbitantly priced here due to the taxes..($1000 for radion pro gen 3 for instance, which is way out of my budget)... And I have enquired with a few dealers here if they can arrange T5, but looks highly unlikely... And if they do, will I have to change T5 bulbs as frequently as MHs?... Do you think Maxspect would be a better choice as I have read that Zetlight manufactures the products for them...

Akin Samuel

Jun 11, 2015
ha ha... Thanks MagicJ and Rob... But as MagicJ pointed am in India (Bombay):)... The problem is that there are not many options here in terms of lighting.. My LFS has Zetlight readily available.. he can source Radion, AI and Maxspect but the first two are exorbitantly priced here due to the taxes..($1000 for radion pro gen 3 for instance, which is way out of my budget)... And I have enquired with a few dealers here if they can arrange T5, but looks highly unlikely... And if they do, so I have to change T5 bulbs as frequently as MHs?... Do you thing Maxspect would be a better choice as I have read that Zetlight manufactures the products for them...
Also that I am getting the zp3600 for ~$310...