Tank Journal Archive

Darren S

Aug 17, 2012
Adelaide
New Light
Picked up my new ATI 6x54w dimmable fitting last week. I can't believe how fast things have started to colour up, the difference is amazing.
I am still working out what tubes to run and the inbuilt computer (that came with no instructions).
A couple of the corals have closed up a bit, but most have taken off already.

IMG_4847.jpg

IMG_4848.jpg

IMG_4846.jpg

Darren S

Aug 17, 2012
Adelaide
Looks good, nice stand for it too haven't see one of those before.
The stand is great. Its made for the Sunpower units with the side angles matching the angles on the light and is adjustable for the 4 tube unit through to the 8 tube unit.

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
nice, what bulbs are you currently running in it?

Looking like my unit is going to take a fair bit longer to get here then what they originally told.

Darren S

Aug 17, 2012
Adelaide
nice, what bulbs are you currently running in it?

Looking like my unit is going to take a fair bit longer to get here then what they originally told.
ATM it is a bit of a mix n match with what I had lying around.
2 x ATI Aquablue special
2 x ATI Actinic +
1 x Geisemann Aquapink
1 x Fluval Power Spectrum

I will now do some research into best combos and go from there.
It has made a huge difference already, things are starting to colour up nicely and zoas that have been sitting on frag plugs doing nothing have started multiplying.
Sucks about your light (thats why I asked, when I ordered mine the had no non-dimmable units in Aus and only a couple of dimmable ones)

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Picked up my new ATI 6x54w dimmable fitting last week. I can't believe how fast things have started to colour up, the difference is amazing.
I am still working out what tubes to run and the inbuilt computer (that came with no instructions).
A couple of the corals have closed up a bit, but most have taken off already.

View attachment 19107

View attachment 19108

View attachment 19109
NIce light Darren, I love the new coral too ! We have the ATI 8 globe and have struggled with what combination to run, if you get the answer please let us know ?
We have a foxy face now and like yours is a model citizen and we love him !

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
8 bulbs personaly i would go 4 x ati blue+ 1x kz purple, 1xati purple 1x gieseman true attinic and either one extra attinic or one aqua blue special. with the aqua blue special in there it will look 12-14K change that to an attinic around 16K with lots of pop

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
8 bulbs personaly i would go 4 x ati blue+ 1x kz purple, 1xati purple 1x gieseman true attinic and either one extra attinic or one aqua blue special. with the aqua blue special in there it will look 12-14K change that to an attinic around 16K with lots of pop
Thanks MTG. much appreciated. Very new to all of this and any advice is nice to have.
It seems like its a lot of blue ?
we have 4 white 2 purple 2 blue a the moment.
Is it true that Purple can contribute to some algae issues or is this just a rumour ?
thanks

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Sorry to be off track but we currently run 2 tunze 6105, can you see the placement in the photo ? Is this the best idea of where to have them and would you suggest extra powerheads for this size tank ?

Attachments

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Thanks MTG. much appreciated. Very new to all of this and any advice is nice to have.
It seems like its a lot of blue ?
we have 4 white 2 purple 2 blue a the moment.
Is it true that Purple can contribute to some algae issues or is this just a rumour ?
thanks
Blue plus tubes are blue to the eye but contain 40pct white spectrum , and the purples act as white tubes so it counteracts the blue