Tank Journal Archive

Darkspartan

May 11, 2012
Canberra
New Members! Copperband Butterfly And Wrasses :)
Copperband Butterfly

I've done a fair bit of research on these fellas and it seems doable as long as you have a fairly healthy and inquisitive specimen at first. I decided I would try him on fresh mussel. He loved it instantly! However, he doesn't like it unless it has the shell and it's on the sand.

A picture of him loving his meal.

ai140.photobucket.com_albums_r10_dragonov87_20150329_151656_zpspqzz5bcq.jpg

ai140.photobucket.com_albums_r10_dragonov87_20150329_151341_zps0q4jb4a7.jpg

I've decided that I can also give the PVC pipe with small holes a go as well. So only he will be able to get the food with his snout.

Two fairy wrasses.

ai140.photobucket.com_albums_r10_dragonov87_20150329_160732_zpsnn2d4g5i.jpg

Very hard to get decent pics of these guys at the moment. Just enjoying darting in and out of the rock work.

Pods

I'm trying to work out where I can get a starter culture of pods and stomatella snails for the sump. I've got the epic macro growing. Just not too many pods etc the moment. And Stoma are always great for all the micro algae.

Anyone want to swap zoo frags for a hand full of pods and stomatella? haha

Mr.Reeefer

my name is Brock
Jul 8, 2014
First of all beautiful fish and good luck, im sure you will have great success, ive heard live blackworms are a fave also!! Im looking forward to some wrasse pics too!!

what kind of zoo frags are we talkin about? where are you located?

Darkspartan

May 11, 2012
Canberra
Im located in Caringbah, NSW. Near Cronulla.

This photo was taken months ago. Most of these were sold but i've done up most of the colours again on newer frags. Just wont have as many polyps.

ai140.photobucket.com_albums_r10_dragonov87_20141214_083847_zps2f1d427d.jpg

Not looking for anything too serious like having to post etc. Just hoping there is someone around in Sydney. :)

E

ezza

I had masses of pods and the little snail guys. The pod population has been reduced upon introduction of my new skimmer. You are more than welcome to have some when they inevitably recoup their losses. I might grab some weed from the beach to throw in the sump and see if that might help give them a home.

CodyS

Sep 22, 2012
One of my next fish will be a copperband i think :). Looking good :)