News

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
New Radio Show
Hello everyone,

As some of you may know we have our own radio station that is available to anyone who wishes to use it. We are looking into putting a larger focus on this station, as it seems The Reefuge community has more to offer each other than just reef information.

That being said, I would like to pass on this message to everyone.

Hey guys! So I have been thinking about setting up a new show called "Get Fried Fridays". Basically it's a micro-show that goes for 45 - 90 minutes. There are no listener requests for songs or anything like that.

Basically I want it to be myself showing the community who I am for an hour or so each week. I want to talk about politics, religion, drugs, sex, music, science etc. The music that will be played will be space rock and stoner music. Think of going to a place where you can just chill out and share something more than just bullshit talk with someone, something where you can have a meaningful discussion. That is what I am after. Oh and the "atmosphere" of the show will go really well if you are smoking weed listening in. Prank calls will be for regular shows. Anyone opposed to this?

- Dynamic
Currently Dynamic is the only user on the forums who hosts their own show. We encourage all users to use this as an outlet to air what they like. If you would like to host your own show, please contact a staff member and let them know.

Thanks.

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
I am happy to help people prepare a show if needed. I was president of a community radio station in Yeppoon and assisted my partner (at the time) with preparing his weekly show: finding guests, researching topics, finding suitable music/quotes, answering calls, etc.
:)

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello @Julianicorn,

Welcome to The Reefuge. Whenever a show is online, the right sidebar on the main forum page will display an image letting you know a show is on air. Clicking it will allow you to listen.

Thanks.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello everyone,

All new shows will be worked on after Jan 15th. Please send me a message if you are interested in hosting your own show.

Thanks.