Tank Journal Archive

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
New Rock Scape. Opinions Please ?
Decided to open up the left hand side of the tank for more flow and a few more hiding places and swim throughs.
My husband doesn't like it .
Opinions would be greatly appreciated
1st Old scape
2nd New scape
3rd Full tank after the move.
???
photo (2).JPG
photo (9).JPG

Attachments

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Bugger. Husband is winning so far. Maybe I will tweak it on weekend and get half way in between clump and open ?? I will never get it back like it was now lol.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
I like the old, but if your planning on adding sps coral, your new layout will serve you well.
+1 with this...i like the old, only slightly but have to say im more towards the old as it is fuller with corals...once the SPS comes on board it will really look a lot better :)

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
+1 with this...i like the old, only slightly but have to say im more towards the old as it is fuller with corals...once the SPS comes on board it will really look a lot better :)
I dont think I have the experience for SPS corals. I believe they are really hard to keep and I have only been doing this for 10 months. I thought they needed much better lighting too ?
I am going to change the left had side again as hubby REALLY doesn't like it at all. I just hope I can put it back close to how it was. lol

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
I dont think I have the experience for SPS corals. I believe they are really hard to keep and I have only been doing this for 10 months. I thought they needed much better lighting too ?
I am going to change the left had side again as hubby REALLY doesn't like it at all. I just hope I can put it back close to how it was. lol
don't aim for how it was aim for something you like :) don't dwell on the past scape its a known fact it will never be how it was lol no matter how hard anyone tries

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
Just get some dallas, you'l be right lol

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
If the last photo attached (that isn't inserted into your post) is the newest scape then I love it - really opens it up and makes the tank look way bigger. Plus loads of room for corals and stuff.

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Yippee.
If the last photo attached (that isn't inserted into your post) is the newest scape then I love it - really opens it up and makes the tank look way bigger. Plus loads of room for corals and stuff.
Your the first person to like it. Thank you. Yes the last photo is the end result. Left side changed.

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
I much prefer the old BUT I think the new scape will look better when mature than the old one would have. By mature I mean corals grown out, added, etc.