Tank Journal Archive

megsez

Apr 29, 2012
sunshine coast
New Scape
Ok got some time to my self to get a new scape. Happy with most of it but will change a few things probably and will see what the crabs manege to move also :p

I am going to the gold cost for a week holiday so I will be visiting reef secrets so I have made some room for any purchases I may sneak past my wife J/K she is pretty good with this sort of thing :worship

The main move was the soft corals to the L/H/S and the hammers and frogs's to the R/H/S. This come about by using a couple of suggestion's from @Agent M which I am thankful for :)

If any one sees something that should be moved elsewhere just let me know :)

Kids down time to move. Whole thing took 1:30 quickest move I have done yet
sssss 002.JPG
Containers ready

sssss 003.JPG

Before
052.JPG

After will take another pic when cleared up and everything has settled
sssss 013.JPG

Attachments

megsez

Apr 29, 2012
sunshine coast
Thank's @Agent M . Thing are settling down still a bit to go I have re positioned a few things the crabs keep knocking over as predicted. I will have to move the soft coral rock around as the toad stool is to big and covers everything. I was thinking about fragging it and cutting it down to size. Does any one know if they are easy to do as I have never done one before
ssssss 019.JPG

ssssss 018.JPG

ssssss 017.JPG

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Really easy, just a little nerve wracking when you first do it. Main thing to remember is don't use a sawing action or make jagged cuts. And put as little pressure on the frags as you can when you secure them or the rubber band will cut through. If you follow this video to the letter you should have good success with it.

I like how he cuts a ring out around the edge of the Sarcophyton. If you do the same (don't cut as close to the stalk like he has though as it will look ugly) it keeps the natural shape and gets it looking good again faster than other ways I've seen it done.