News

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
New Staff Needed - Big Changes
Hello everyone,

As some of you know, we are going to be extremely busy the next few months. Development of The Reefuge has picked up in the last month, and now would be a good time to let you all know what is happening with the site.

The site is going to need content as much as possible. It will be the best destination in Australia to get information regarding this hobby. Currently, we have the content team, but this is scratching the surface of what is needed. For this reason, the content team is going to get closed down, and those already members of the content team will be placed into new teams. Each team will focus on a different topic and work together to build great content for it.

Having said all that, this is what we are looking for.

/// Reviews Team
The Reviews Team will write up reviews of products. This can be additives, LFS reviews, etc. This team will focus on adding content to The Reefuge that members will be able to look up when trying to get an opinion on a brand / model / lfs.

/// Article Team
The Article Team will write about anything they like. An example would be water flow, affects of salinity, lighting, temperature, new scientific studies, etc.

/// Wiki Team
The Wiki Team will make sure the wiki stays up to date and has content added to it on a regular basis.

Requirements:

/// Reviews Team - A total of eight members are needed on this team. Each member will need to write one review every two months (6 reviews per year). #1 - vpreef, aussieant32, NiCd, macca_75, Salty

/// Article Team - A total of eight members are needed on this team. Each member will need to write one article every two months (6 articles per year). #1 - WoodyMackay, webber555, Marcellabration, bug, VaultBoy, Synodontis

/// Wiki Team - A total of three members are needed on this team. Brendore is in charge of the wiki, so he will let you know what is needed. Sarg

If anyone is interested in this, please reply here. If you have any questions, please ask them and we will answer.

Thanks.

Reactions: MTG

WoodyMackay

Oct 12, 2011
Sorry!! I thought it was haha... My bad. That's what i get for using an android! Mate * :)

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
i.d like to help but not sure if i wiuld be much help, I'll drop brendore a pm and see if I can be of any use :cool:
Hey man, yep I'll need as much help as possible with the wiki. This young chicken can't do it all by himself. Doesn't help with an ever mounting pile of assignments I need doing as well. If you want you can write up whatever it is your wanting to write about and post it, you can pm me if you'd like someone to check it out for you, or you can just pm the article to me, what ever float ya boat

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
Also The Reefuge, if other members (other then those who volinteer, or from seperate sections) want to add content too, is there someway they can? Say if I wanted to do a review on say Brightwell products (cause thats kinda my plan) can we post it somewhere, or pm the person/s in that section? (more referring to general members here)

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Also The Reefuge, if other members (other then those who volinteer, or from seperate sections) want to add content too, is there someway they can? Say if I wanted to do a review on say Brightwell products (cause thats kinda my plan) can we post it somewhere, or pm the person/s in that section? (more referring to general members here)
Hi brendore,

Yes, users will be able to post them in the appropriate forums which currently exist. If it is a high quality article, it can be added to the main site.

Thanks.