Tank Journal Archive

ethana123

Nov 30, 2012
gladstone
I have decided to wait another week before a water change i thought i was four and a half weeks in but realised i was only three and a half in when i posted this so instead i put a pinch of pellets into the tank and next weekend i will do everything planned for this weekend

ethana123

Nov 30, 2012
gladstone
so i may be going away for 2-4 weeks work starting monday and i am wondering if i should do a 100% water change saturday and get a pair of clowns and get my girlfriend to do water changes or if i should just throw another raw prawn in the tank and let it sit until i get back anyone got ideas for me?

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Personally I wouldn't get any fish until you get back, unless your girlfriend knows as much about care of the tank and them as you do.

You don't want to be experiencing any anxiety about the tank when you can't physically get to it yourself.

What filtration options do you have to take care of nitrates? Are you just using water changes for that purpose. Apologies if this info is at the start of this thread

Tannum_Paul

Jun 18, 2015
Tannum Sands
Shit I met your girlfriend I think! American accent?

Told her a LARGE snail, couple hermits and a stromb! You are working over WA?

Josh (owner at Port City Pet World) was waiting his next shipment of snails, shrimp, etc.

If it is not you then there are two newbie tanks with girlfriends looking after them in Glady!

ethana123

Nov 30, 2012
gladstone
Yes just water changes for nitrates only filtration i have is a protein skimmer i might just buy some more live rock and change it with some pieces of dead rock and drop a prawn in the tank and start a bit of another cycle... nope thats not my girlfriend haha

Tannum_Paul

Jun 18, 2015
Tannum Sands
Yes just water changes for nitrates only filtration i have is a protein skimmer i might just buy some more live rock and change it with some pieces of dead rock and drop a prawn in the tank and start a bit of another cycle... nope thats not my girlfriend haha
Sounds like we need to start a glady club with beers, snags and frags!

ethana123

Nov 30, 2012
gladstone
Sounds like we need to start a glady club with beers, snags and frags!
Sounds good but may have to wait until i have some corals to frag :P

Anyway i didn't go away for the shutdown so i did a 100% water change and was gonna buy a cleanup crew from my lfs but they didn't have much so i bought a pair of clowns instead and i will get my clean up crew off reef secrets next week oh i also changed my rockwork again lol
20151030_181502.jpg

Tannum_Paul

Jun 18, 2015
Tannum Sands
Sounds good but may have to wait until i have some corals to frag :p

i will get my clean up crew off reef secrets next week lol View attachment 51975
Just talking from my past experience buying a CUC from them and a few whispers I heard................very poor. I would suggest other possible businesses like 100% reef or fragalicious which I have used with fantastic service/stock and only heard good things about.

Just got a order today from corals down under, absolutely stoked with price, service choice plus he is a collector and can get what you want but he doesn't have CUC sadly but keep him in mind (Alex).

ethana123

Nov 30, 2012
gladstone
I've never had any problems with reefsecrets... my cuc will likely only be a couple peppermint shrimps 2 snails and maybe 2 hermit crabs but i will have to have a look at the shops you have listed