Tank Journal Archive

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
New Tank....
Yap , you guessed it...
With all you guys building shmick new tanks I was getting really jealous .

So I decided to put in the effort and follow suit.

Over the weekend my Eastcoast tanks custom three foot got the royal treatment.

Every single glass inch , including the coast to coast got cleaned. Even the pipes got the once over.

Result brand new looking tank!!!!!

Next weekend I'll tackle those wavemakers as they need some attention-

Enjoy
image.jpg

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
You could send me the contents and start over, then it would be a new tank. :D Damn fine looking tank nils!!

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Geez. I think I just lost the "OCD" label everyone gives me !!!! One tank looking amazingly "smick".

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
You could send me the contents and start over, then it would be a new tank. :D Damn fine looking tank nils!!
Part of the fun is the grow out .... I'm waiting for that exponential growth that the famous SPS keepers seem to have the knack of.
I guess if the contents were shipped, it's very likely the restocking would look the same.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Wow 2 gyre on a 3ft that's a lot of flow!!! Love the scape on rhs looks hectic
Cheers mate- there is plenty of flow... I kinda forgot how much flow until my sister kindly pointed out how the fish were swimming sideways.

Thanks for liking the scape, I'm stoked with it too.... The beauty of it is I can rotate it anytime for a different look.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Geez. I think I just lost the "OCD" label everyone gives me !!!! One tank looking amazingly "smick".
Cheers!!!
Yap - I saw two different doctors for my OCD last week.
They both could not help me sort my problems.
The OCD was coursing through my veins whilst holding that razor blade.

thepubenator

Competitions Guy
Nov 4, 2011
Cheers mate- there is plenty of flow... I kinda forgot how much flow until my sister kindly pointed out how the fish were swimming sideways.

Thanks for liking the scape, I'm stoked with it too.... The beauty of it is I can rotate it anytime for a different look.
how strong do you have them on? on my 185x80cm tank i am running only 1 at 70-80%

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Love it Nils, looking absolutely mint! :cum The scape is one of my favourites!
Thanks for the compliment Dom, that means a lot.

If looking at the FTS - I've kept the stags at the back, the Millie's on the front table, the assorted acros on that left branch.
I've put the birds nest on an island , the blue and yellow tenius on another , the final island will be poccis and a stray Stylo . I'm sure there will be another island creation sometime , that's if I get my hands on some of Biggles purrty SPS one summers day, lol !

I'm so looking forward to your new three footer and hope the scapeing gods shine down on yours.
Cheers!

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
So I decided to create Pocci island. I only have green pocci and one pink one , the Stylo gets to sit on the peak.
image.jpg

LEG-IT

Feb 12, 2012
Bossley Park
absolutely digging it! how i want my tank to eventually pan out, so many open spaces yet so much detail!

also enjoying the new maxspect gyre "hair" series too :p