Tank Journal Archive

Dean Lovett

Apr 11, 2015
Penrith
New Things Happening - Six Line Wrasse.
So after the sad death of our Bicolour Blenny, We felt that the clowns were acting a bit secluded and not really exploring much of the tank. So we wanted to get a new fish, a fish that would spark interest and curiosity in the clowns to get them out a bit more.

So after looking at either a red fire goby or a six line wrasse, we decided to go with a six line wrasse.(Loved the personality and him!)

He is so damn cute! Zips around the tank, eating stuff from the rock and he brings the clowns out as well. He has a massive appetite for the pellets we feed them and he sleeps in a mystery location!

Here is a photo of the tank and him,

wrasse.JPG

Struggling with a bit of algae since the nitrate blow out but cleaned most of it off yesterday, so growth should slow down now that the nitrate has decreased too!

Looking at getting a coral for the rock on the right hand side of the tank... or maybe just leave it, it is SOOOOO purple! Really nice!

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Looking good! Sixlines are a pretty little fish.

I would give that powerhead a clean to get rid of the algae on it so that flow is not impeded in any way. A soak for a couple of hours in a strong white vinegar and water solution, a scrub with a tooth brush and a rinse will have it all shiny and new again.

Dean Lovett

Apr 11, 2015
Penrith
Looking good! Sixlines are a pretty little fish.

I would give that powerhead a clean to get rid of the algae on it so that flow is not impeded in any way. A soak for a couple of hours in a strong white vinegar and water solution, a scrub with a tooth brush and a rinse will have it all shiny and new again.
Thanks for the tip! But it was only yesterday when I gave a good clean! And now it's looking shiny and new!

But I'll remember the vinegar tip! Thanks!