Off-Topic

vpreef

Jul 28, 2011
BF4 was a game we did not compare, but going by that video the difference is minimal. AC had better contrast/colour in the Xbox from what we saw.
Anyway we can sit here all day a pick every little detail between the 2 which is a waste of time and you cant argue that the PS4 is not technically better.

Just to clear it up, Xbox One is only $50 more than the PS4 and you get the camera. PS4 camera costs $88 so is actually more expensive.

Like i said im not a fanboy of either just sharing my experiences. My friend with whom i bought both consoles with, shares the same view too. His already sold his PS4 on ebay with 4 games and his one of the most Hardcore gamers i know so that really surprised me!

Also both consoles IMO dont really feel 'next gen' yet, yes the graphics are better but gameplay is the same.

Either way you cant go wrong with either console, if Graphics is the single most important part of gaming for you then best to get a PS4 or high end PC.

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
I am sure I paid 640 for the xbox? Probbaly wrong, bought it in about September. Either way to PS4 is more expensive if you want a camera yes, at least they give you the choice.

Gameplay is the same as most games are ported, I dont think it will be 7 years until they are not though.

If you want a console for gaming, PS4 is the option, if you want a console that is more aimed towards multimedia but is also quite capable at playing games, xbox is the one. I have a feeling I will end up using the xbox for my tv etc and the PS4 for gaming

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Not defending what I have already bought but more trying to bring about discussion

I saw a Youtube clip for Rise of Rome (or whatever the Xbox title is). Basically a voice command of "cover me" had your army laying ground fire for you in front of you, similarly "flank left" sent your army left.

Without including the camera as standard I don't see coders for PS4 adding features like this - every XBoxOne has a Kinect so it make sense to develop these features. Next generation of gaming?

Do both consoles have a USB port that could (in the future) be used to support additional hardware such as USB HDD's, Tuner Cards, etc? Turn the machines into PVR's? HDMI passthru?

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
They both have USB but there is no capacity to extend memory for the Xbox, there is for the PS4. I am not 100% sure on the others you mention.

You say not defending, I say I am not attacking either, heaps of great features on the Xbox and your kids will be very happy, just that PS4 to me is the better 'gaming' console.

I will keep the Xbox, I just only see me buying exclusivws on it, given the choice I will buy for the PS4, hence FIFA sitting on my desk now for PS4 (damned gaming talk made me want another game :P)

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Nah - all good. Just trying not to start a war like the Tunze vs. Vortech debates you see so often where everyone defends their decisions on where they spent there hard earned.

Can't wait for Xmas day.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
ahh the fun of the playstation network....
It used to be perfect! Up in Brissie it was fine and then for the first 6 months down here it was good then bam all fooked up! Maybe it's my ps3 as map packs on mw3 really didn't take. If I disabled them I got aus lobbies if I played on the downloaded maps I ended up in Japan! Who knows.... and I mean who knows everyone I speak to either at eb or other users no one knows lol

Either way looking forward to a ps4 next year :)

vpreef

Jul 28, 2011
all sold out, someone just offered me $730 for mine on ebay and I declined it. They were selling as high as $1500 friday night! crazy shit!

Reactions: MTG

Joele

Apr 24, 2013
Melbourne
ohh I should sell mine and grab another.. LOL

There is a second shipment coming on about the 20th of this month just in time for xmas, sold out too in pre-orders (at least at JB ) and I think the next one is not until mid to late Jan (would have to check on that though)...

You're right though one on ebay up to $870 with 26 mins to go..

Last edited:

jayellul

Sep 6, 2013
Ps4 FTW!

Console built for gaming. Powerful gaming. None if this other shit that your tv and media server already does. Also, talking to my gaming console interests me zero lel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk