Off-Topic

vpreef

Jul 28, 2011
Nice driver there mate ;) when we going for hit?

I didn't buy my PS4 to sell, but after comparing them both thought i had no need for it atm until a decent game comes out.

Im at the thought that maybe by then they will be cheaper too, and maybe a better design without the stupid light strip!. I'm hoping anyways. If it does not sell i'm not too fused will just use it as a door stopper :p

vpreef

Jul 28, 2011
I still cannot see how anyone can say the xbox looks better? It looks horrible.

What are you feelings on microsoft monitoring all of your data everytime you log on?
I like the old school box look of it, plain and simple. Hate the try hard futuristic ps4 design, so ugly. Those angles, the tiny power button and the light strip is crap.:eek The original PS3 design was much better. Just my opinion, everyone is different.

Im not fussed at MS monitoring anything, got nothing to hide, even though they claim they don't monitor you.:rolleyes

Your obviously a Sony fan boy, so please let me know when a first party game on the PS4 is worth playing, I will buy one again.:D

Until so my PC and Xbox one will suite me very well...

Joele

Apr 24, 2013
Melbourne
I still cannot see how anyone can say the xbox looks better? It looks horrible.
agreed 100%

Your obviously a Sony fan boy, so please let me know when a first party game on the PS4 is worth playing
no need for that.. :p

As for exclusive PS4 titles I really enjoy Knack, though I have always had a soft spot for platformers and enjoy playing them with the older of my still young sons.. I also very much enjoy the uncharted series on PS3 and expect to on PS4..

The good thing about xbox exclusives is many will make it as PC titles too even if they don't come to PS4, like the only one that interests me, titanfall..

Last edited:

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
Your obviously a Sony fan boy, so please let me know when a first party game on the PS4 is worth playing, I will buy one again.:D
If someone doesn't agree with me I will sit firmly behind my keyboard, ensure the door is locked and start calling him names. :worship:p Sorry had to, assuming you were having a joke too, if not, well remove the :p and replace with :rage hahah

I thought Knack was ok, a bit of fun for pick up and play.

Looking forward to GT6, take a bit to beat Forza though, pretty much on its own at the moment as far as 'next gen' goes.

I guess I don't really mind the monitoring, I mean it is just strange they are allowed to do it? They are not hiding it, in fact they have openly said they are monitoring it provide them with information on microtransactions and the like, pretty sure it is in the live T&C's.

Regardless it is still a better system when compared to PSN, still not really used PSPlus so don't know how it is running

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
I don't know what you guys are defining as next Gen, but to me the same controllers with minor improvements and better graphics isn't it - thats an upgrade.

Next Gen needs somethin new (or at least not seen commonly in mainstream).

Take a look at illumiroom for the older Xbox 360 for example. Youtube it as I can't add the link via mobile broswer.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Nice driver there mate ;) when we going for hit?

I didn't buy my PS4 to sell, but after comparing them both thought i had no need for it atm until a decent game comes out.
If I had of know there were people silly enough to pay a grand I would have brought three!

We keep talking about going for a hit! It needs to happen!

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Next gen is referring to the next generation of consoles.

It is more what these are capable of, not what they can do right now.
I'm the opposite. Next gen to me is not what they are capable of, it's how they do it. Wii was a game changer for me. Not graphics, but you can't deny it's success

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
sat down and made a complete list of what I think each console is missing, surprised myself with how much I came up with, nothing too unrealistic I don't think, systems definitely capable of them.

One:
Default kinnect mic off when playing online. So painful that every player has the mic on and most are not using it, they cough etc and it bellows through my headset. I think most people do not even know it is on, make 'off' the default. Takes forever to mute every player.
Let me stream music and video off USB
Kinnect seems to get confused in games, a few times I have made a command in game and the One has heard it as 'record that clip' etc. Not sure on the fix but the kennect works alot better outside of gaming.
HDD managment. Will only effect a few but I want to be able to see what my HDD space is consiting of.
Allow voice messages!
Add a battery meter for the controller
Yes it will severely reduce the frame rate, but at least give me the option to run my system in 1080p.
Allow auto shut down if you dont use the system in x amount of minutes.
Allow me to get achievments when offline, I don't always want to be signed into live, but cannot got achievments if I am not?
I would like to bin the whole snap thing, but at least allow me to make it invisible, so if I want to be playing some music while I play FIFA I can without seeing the snap window on my game screen.
The whole kinnect system is a bit flawed in regards to voice commands IMO. Make it a bit simpler, for example I should not have the say 'xbox play forza motorsport 5', saying 'xbox play forza' should enough, it was on the 360. Same as the codes, 'xbox redeem a code' could easily be 'xbox use code'. Again maybe just me but almost every command could be better.
Get rid of the damed propietory headset jack, your headset is shit but I am forced to use it!

PS4:
I want to turn the light off my DS4, it is for PSeye, I do not intend to have one so I should be able to turn it off, it is using my battery for no reason.
Let me stream music and video off USB
Allow me to choose who I get notified about being online. I have about 300 people on my friends list, I do not care when some are online, I only want to know when my mates are on, let me do that!.
GET A YOUTUBE APP!
I would like to be able to customise my home page, I do not care about playroom or whatever the fuck it is, I do not want to see it.
If I want to upload a video clip to facebook, I hit share. The PS4 shits on the One in the social aspect but you will not tell me how long the video is or let me edit it. I do not want to upload 5 minutes gameplay for the awesome 8 seconds I want to show!
Allow corss bluetooth support, my PS3 headset will not recognise!
I want to be able to appear offline, I do not always want to play with mates but hate saying no, let me hide!
I want to pause and prioritise my downloads, last night there was an update for Fifa and AC, I wanted to play FIFA but had to wait 40 minutes as they were sharing bandwith, let me download the FIFA update then the AC one.
Again on the MP3's stop forcing me to use your system, I own thousands of songs, let me play them when I play a game!

Think that is it :P

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
I'm the opposite. Next gen to me is not what they are capable of, it's how they do it. Wii was a game changer for me. Not graphics, but you can't deny it's success
both new consoles can do things that no other consoles can. Look at the one, it is basically a whole media centre capable of high end gaming, really all the wii did was allow you to use a controller as a montion sensor, something playstation already had with the DS3 and the PS Move and then xbox with the kinnect.

What the Wii did well was create a party system, it was not really designed for you to play on your own IMO, it was designed to have mates round and be a social item. It did it will, I love my Wii but I would not consider it a 'next gen' console.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
just finished cod ghosts :cum
that was EPIC! loved it, i always liked the cod single players but this one was fresh and had a great feel very entertaining, enjoyed it more then the bf4 single player! bf4 for online tho!

Joele

Apr 24, 2013
Melbourne
Prefer cod for both ;-) though I rarely play fps single player through..

Sent from my HTC_PO582 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MTG

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
just finished cod ghosts :cum
that was EPIC! loved it, i always liked the cod single players but this one was fresh and had a great feel very entertaining, enjoyed it more then the bf4 single player! bf4 for online tho!
Funny, I didn't like cod ghosts campaign anywhere near as much as cod 2. Haven't got around to finishing it.

Multiplayer on the other hand ...

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
ghosts multiplayer feels the same as the last 6 sadly :( , loving bf4 online tho feels like a refined bf3

Cosby

May 14, 2013
I had no idea this thread existed.

Anyway, I got my PS4 before Christmas and have been smashing BF4 since, much to the better halfs disgust.
Have had some epic games and kill streaks on BF4.
Probably none better than parachuting into the top of the skyscraper on Hainan and picking up the tags of 2 or 3 recons while taking out a total of 8 opponents, from memory...and of course being killed when attempting to kill number 9.

I've really appreciated the changing up of the 4 classes. As a result I have played a lot more recon and engineer than in any other battlefield game.

If they can fix the net code issues and the black screen of death, it would just about be the pinnacle.

Reactions: MTG