Tank Journal Archive

Nick_85

Sep 22, 2014
Nicks Cade Hl1200
Hey everyone,
new to the site and love reading through the journals already posted and am very excited to start my new build and thought why not start my own journal :)

Have been running marine tanks for the last 2 years with great success and have just sold up my RSM130d to make way for the new cadehl1200 which arrives tomorrow!

skimmer, pumps and lights all to be arriving in the next few days also hopefully will have it filled and cycling in no time :)

stay tuned for plenty of pics and the assembly over the next for days :)

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Nice work, enjoy the upgrade. You did well to move on your RSM130, I kept mine with the thought of closing it down once the new tank was up and running. It is still sitting on the kitchen bench, totally thriving!

Wont know yourself with all the room in the cade :)

Nick_85

Sep 22, 2014
Nice work, enjoy the upgrade. You did well to move on your RSM130, I kept mine with the thought of closing it down once the new tank was up and running. It is still sitting on the kitchen bench, totally thriving!

Wont know yourself with all the room in the cade :)
cheers make yeah it was a hard choice but convincing the other half to let me keep it with an upcomming engagement party to pay for was too much after spending what i did on the cade haha
would have loved to have a nice quarantine tank lol

Cosby

May 14, 2013
I'm a fellow Cade 1200 owner, as is @OSCAR85, so I'm just going to have to sub to your journal, and watch on.

Cosby

May 14, 2013
anything i should know before i start to work on it tomorrow?? :p
The hose clamp that is supplied for the return pump is not marine grade.

Do yourself a favour and get a marine grade hose clamp from bunnings, or else you'll have a rusty one in your sump in no time.

You may also need to use a bit of silicone when plumbing the weir through to the sump. I know I had to.

Otherwise you should be all good. I was a marine novice when I started mine up, so I had a bit to contemplate. You have some experience, so you'll be fine.

Nick_85

Sep 22, 2014
Thanks guys yeah i cant wait haha ill look into that hose clamp thanks for the heads up

Pics as soon as i can