Off-Topic

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
Non-electronic Gaming
Howdy All

Long term interest of mine are 'board games'. I am sure 99% of you first think Monopoly but there are many really good board games, card games, worker placement etc out there.

Anyone else into non electronic gaming? What are you favourite games?

Mine would have to be Ticket to Ride as a 'board game'. Carcassonne is always great fun and I really enjoy a small 2 player card game called Jaipur.

Hellas is also really fun quick 2 player 'war game'

Anyone else?

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
seems there are very few people who like board games, or people are scared of other people thinking they are a nerd.

I am quite happy being a nerd, you all should be as well :)

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
knights of the round table was another I've played lots with friends.... cards against humanity is a brilliant game too. we have friday board game evenings which are great fun. Stay up till 2am or later, loads of fun.

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
KOTRT is an excellent game. I love Agricola/Caverna, bit full on for my Mrs as she is only a casual gamer, but there is a smaller version almost intro version available which I have just bought, fingers crossed she likes it!

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
I used to love Nightmare when I was a kid - it came with a video that you had to watch that directed the game. Has been years since I've played it. Thought about converting the video to DVD once :P
No real skill involved, but it was so hyped as a horror fan's game.

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
there is always a time and place for monopoly mate. Really I can think of no single game that covers the mechanics and style monopoly offers. Plenty of games do the individual components alot better but cannot think of one that does them all as well

riley

Apr 25, 2013
GYMEA BAY
have you guy played Monopoly Empire (monopoly without the 3 days of fighting with your siblings to finish 1 game my sister got in to fights over the original game... lol ).

blockies is also a great game and twister :) nothing better then hot girls playing on a twister board.