Tank Journal Archive

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Not One Move But Two
The developer of our new apartment has been telling us porkies. (surprise, surprise)
We've sold our house and have to be out on the 11th of April. Three weeks ago we stood across the road from the new apartment with the developer and were assured that we would be able to take possession by the first week of April.
Apparently not!! There is heaps more to be finished inside and our lawyers and bank have informed us that there is still a heap of council approvals to be signed off yet. Ahhhhhh!!!!
It looks like it will be around another month. So we have to find somewhere to rent short term and put everything into storage.
I was stressed out wondering what the hell I was going to do with the tank . . but, luckily I have such a great mate as @somethingfishy76.
Gerhard didn't hesitate to offer to set my tank up at his place while we wait to move in. Thanks mate, you have no idea the level of stress you lowered for me.
I had really cracked the shits and was on the verge of breaking the tank down and just putting it into storage but now I can keep it all going happily.
To be continued . . .

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Dodgey bastards :( sorry to hear you're getting dicked around Dave! What a top thing to do by Gerhard though, it's people like him that make this hobby so fantastic!

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
It's a bugger when you manage to time things to perfection but then somebody manages to stuff it up!!

Rather than rent, maybe you just need to go on a holiday for a month :p

I would also be asking for the completion date in writing - although it may not be worth anything as the developer will just blame any further delays on something outside his control.

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
We had a similar situation with our appartment but instead of delays at the end it was a 6 month delay to construction. They were able to push back the completion date due to a clause.. Fingers crossed we don't get more delays at the end like u have.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Our main concern is not that it's taking so long to build, it's just a normal build process, it's just that they keep lying to us as to when it will be finished and at what stage the internals are.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
This move just keeps dragging on. It still looks like around the end of this month. We're just bleeding monthly temp rent but can't do anything else.
We could have rented a house for 3 months at at least normal rent if we had known this shit was going to happen.
Gerhard and Jo have been so understanding in letting me have and maintain my tank at their house.
Oh well soon I hope!!!!