Tank Journal Archive

grimnir

Aug 12, 2013
Parkinson
October Updates
They say things happen in 3's. Well I reckon 10's. Just hope rest of October will be make up for it.

1. Got a really nice Moorish Idol who didn't make it through acclimation :(
2. Wife wrote her car off
3. Yellow Line Hermit Crab caught and killed one of my Coris Wrasses. 2nd one is still good. hermit crab has now been banished to the sump. Free to good home if anyone wants it :) Its quite large

4. Candy Apple BTA decided to split, and the first place its offspring went was into a power head. - going to have to make some sort of cage to go around them to stop it happening again.
Panic stations and performed a 800L water change. threw a couple of carbon bags into the sump and 24hrs later things look better than before.

5. Return pump blew the piping off and lots of water everywhere. Glad we invested in a wet / dry vac made cleaning up real easy.

Found another bright green mini-maxi anemone when moving rocks around so happy with that score.

Anyways on with the photos of new stock.

Candy Apple BTA. This guy is huge. Opens up to about the size of a dinner plate.
BTA.jpg

Random Zoo rock that is really cool. bought this as a lucky dip as it wasn't open at the time.
IMGP7140.JPG

Green Zoos
IMGP7141.JPG

7 Red morphs
IMGP7169.JPG

Eagle Eye Zoos (I think)
IMGP7171.JPG

3 Really nice Green with hints of Yellow Rics
IMGP7172.JPG

Red and Grey Lobo

IMGP7173.JPG

Koran Angel - Just love the way he glows under blues

IMGP7174.JPG

Trio of Banggai Cardinal's
IMGP7176.JPG

Lawn Mower Blenny - Love this guy has so much character.
IMGP7178.JPG

No idea what this is, was a hitchhiker from my first lot of LR. Has grown heaps.
IMGP7179.JPG

Red / Pink Goni
IMGP7181.JPG

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Agree about the goni :worship

Watch the 'trio' of Banggai's - if two of them pair up you will need to remove the remaining one or it is likely to be killed.

Hopefully, there aren't too many more things to go wrong :)

Schnecke

Jul 4, 2013
Albury/Wodonga
The hitchhiker I think you might find could be a baby fungia (short tentacle plate) they start like this on stalks and grow like mad.

My Mum had a hh fungia and from that she ended up with 7. One she gave to me as a 10c piece (identical to yours) and its now 6cm across.

Keep an eye on it, it should grow quickly :)

E

ezza

The BTA is amazing! So beautiful. Good luck for thr future!