Tank Journal Archive

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Ooops !
Well my its my husband fault this time, He booked his car in to get some new tires at a place that is about a 45min drive from our place. They gave him a really really good price so was worth the trip.
Well just happens to be a place we don't go to often, that has LFS that has just been stocking saltwater stuff for a little while and was quite small, but oh well, lets kills some time.
Hahahaha,,,,,so glad he saved on the tires cause we just bought the LFS....dam !
Its his OOPS this time not mine, so I can laugh !

The last two pics, blue goni and green mushroom weren't bought in the same batch but are my ooops from the other week !

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender (3).jpg
FullSizeRender (1).jpg
photo 1.JPG
FullSizeRender (5).jpg
IMG_3728.JPG
IMG_3488.JPG

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
A few weeks ago M and I went south to a Thai restaurant for dinner and we ended up buying most of the tanks from a shop that's going out of business, 20- 4' 70 gallon tanks lol. I know what it's like Lesley, we'll see something we like and we'll buy it. Same with shipments, we see something we like and it doesn't get offered for sale, not good for the bottom line, but good for the tanks.

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
A few weeks ago M and I went south to a Thai restaurant for dinner and we ended up buying most of the tanks from a shop that's going out of business, 20- 4' 70 gallon tanks lol. I know what it's like Lesley, we'll see something we like and we'll buy it. Same with shipments, we see something we like and it doesn't get offered for sale, not good for the bottom line, but good for the tanks.
My hubby did such a good job. He pushed the package deal theme and just kept adding corals & they kept lowering the prices. In the end the guy said if you take 1 more I will chuck another $30 off. So we kept adding Ended up at the end he says " thank you I have a heap of new corals due tomorrow so I needed the room " Then says " if anything specky or rare arrives give us your number I will give you heads up ". So that will be a good relationship to have !!!! We actually got another 3 that haven't opened yet so didn't bother taking pics
image.jpg

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
That's the way you SHOULD do business. I have very few walk in customers, but the ones that do, leave $3-4000 lighter in the wallet, lol. I will do the same with retail if we ever find a decent place to set up, the more you buy, the cheaper it gets.

Just be sure you check out his tanks, watch what he gets and from where. I treat the fish for sale like I do fish in my home tanks, the shop is sort of a lay over before they go on another journey. NOTHING leaves the shop for 4 days. Most of those fish have already been through hell, 36-48 hours in a box bouncing all over the globe and they need recovery time.

Right now Sri Lanka, Fiji and Kenya are shipping top notch fish. I'm avoiding Indo right now because there must be a heat wave, fish out of Indo are coming in like shit. If a country is packing hot, the fish are not going to do well at all. So if you're looking for something, those are the countries you want. Magnificent Foxfaces are coming in top notch, full of piss and vinegar, lol.

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
That's the way you SHOULD do business. I have very few walk in customers, but the ones that do, leave $3-4000 lighter in the wallet, lol. I will do the same with retail if we ever find a decent place to set up, the more you buy, the cheaper it gets.

Just be sure you check out his tanks, watch what he gets and from where. I treat the fish for sale like I do fish in my home tanks, the shop is sort of a lay over before they go on another journey. NOTHING leaves the shop for 4 days. Most of those fish have already been through hell, 36-48 hours in a box bouncing all over the globe and they need recovery time.

Right now Sri Lanka, Fiji and Kenya are shipping top notch fish. I'm avoiding Indo right now because there must be a heat wave, fish out of Indo are coming in like shit. If a country is packing hot, the fish are not going to do well at all. So if you're looking for something, those are the countries you want. Magnificent Foxfaces are coming in top notch, full of piss and vinegar, lol.
Remember @ReeferRob - no more fishies for us, we are done, except 2 dragonets which I am waiting on my supply of pods to increase before I get, i am starting to see visible pods on the glass at night again, something I hadnt seen for ages with my other pair.
So dragons and all DONE. NO MORE FISH !

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Remember @ReeferRob - no more fishies for us, we are done, except 2 dragonets which I am waiting on my supply of pods to increase before I get, i am starting to see visible pods on the glass at night again, something I hadnt seen for ages with my other pair.
So dragons and all DONE. NO MORE FISH !
Personally, I'd quarantine those dragonnetes for 6 weeks JUST to be on the safe side. I have an extra Red sea 130D just for that purpose until I get the rack finished at home. I've dealt with Red Sea Ich twice, I don't wanna deal with it again as long as I live.