Tank Journal Archive

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
Oops
I did it again, more months of waiting for you guys to see an updated pic. Not much has really changed, a few new corals, different placements and also a dwarf lionfish.
FB_IMG_1426213971937.jpg

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
That is correct, I'm either spending too much time on the tank and not enough on my ststudies, or vice versa. So something is always suffering from neglect. And I guess study must take precedent.

E

ezza

Are you studying the right thing? Maybe you should consider what interests you most and brings you the most joy. Maybe do marine biology :D

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
That is correct, I'm either spending too much time on the tank and not enough on my ststudies, or vice versa. So something is always suffering from neglect. And I guess study must take precedent.
Reefing is a form of procrastination by definition. The first step to accepting you have a problem is admitting you have one. The second step to accepting you have a problem is to make no apologies for it and carry on. :D

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
We had a tiny volitans lion in the 240, he was about 4cm long. Fed him baby guppies and live brine shrimp, cool little critter. M used to hand feed him all the time. Love the tank.

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
As someone who went through 7 years of full time uni with a marine tank, I totally understand your position. Just keep up the water changes by making them as easy as possible and that will see you through the hard times.

Procrastination is inevitable. You will just replace your tank with another hobby or thing to do when you can't stand reading another chapter or writing an assignment. Your tank will be important in taking breaks and keeping life interesting. Totally agree with @Agent M on her point about owning your problems. I'm glad I kept mine even if it did suffer a little along the way..

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
I think he actually is/was.
Yeah was doing aquaculture/marine bio, but have now changed to psychology (go figure)
I'll try snap a pic of the lion when he comes near the front next.
As someone who went through 7 years of full time uni with a marine tank, I totally understand your position. Just keep up the water changes by making them as easy as possible and that will see you through
True but...I haven't done a water change since this new tank :$ but for some reaso, it's working out

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Yeah was doing aquaculture/marine bio, but have now changed to psychology (go figure)
I'll try snap a pic of the lion when he comes near the front next.

True but...I haven't done a water change since this new tank :$ but for some reaso, it's working out
It will catch up when your ca and alk become really out of whack. Happened to me after about 6 months of no water changes about 4 years ago

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
It will catch up when your ca and alk become really out of whack. Happened to me after about 6 months of no water changes about 4 years ago
I'm doing my best to keep them stable. My alk has always been quite low though, and my cal quite high, but the corals seem to be enjoying themselves. Hell even the clam I got a month ago has grown quite a bit and has coloured up quite nicely lol