Reef Discussion

E

ezza

Is there anywhere else I'm likely to find a second hand tunze 9002 anyone ? Is this the best place to look for gear ?
have you tried the MASA forum, or gumtree or ebay? maybe check them to start with.

MichaelBinns

Jan 20, 2013
Melbourne
yeah i dont suffer in the height department either 6'6"! give me tools il build you anything, give me a book and youve lost my attention, i was goin t start writin ina way that wud really piss ya off after that but thought i better not :P

chrisg_75

May 28, 2013
Newcastle
You keeping the hood, or going hoodless?
Yeah going to keep the hood. Am looking at the ecoxotic panorama pro modules. One 12k/445nm and one 445nm blue.

At the moment I just have the PL 24w bulb which has white and actinic tube in the one. So probably just add the one 445nm blue panorama pro to the existing pl24 and go from there as cash comes around

E

ezza

yeah i dont suffer in the height department either 6'6"! give me tools il build you anything, give me a book and youve lost my attention, i was goin t start writin ina way that wud really piss ya off after that but thought i better not :p
my husband is 6'6". i'm only 5'4". i do love the lengthy men! *eyebrow wiggle* i fully respect that you are not a book person. there need to be men who wield tools, or us women would have to do absolutely -everything- and we'd never get a break! :P saying that, all the power tools in my house belong to me :D

E

ezza

Yeah going to keep the hood. Am looking at the ecoxotic panorama pro modules. One 12k/445nm and one 445nm blue.

At the moment I just have the PL 24w bulb which has white and actinic tube in the one. So probably just add the one 445nm blue panorama pro to the existing pl24 and go from there as cash comes around
those are the lights recommended by asquith actually. they also talk about a purple one depending on colour preference.

E

ezza

cool. we are due in sydney in the arvo on sunday and i had vague thoughts about stopping in at asquith but it wouldn't be early as we have church.

chrisg_75

May 28, 2013
Newcastle
Ok, so I found a second hand tunze 9002 skimmer. I still have to get the skinny cup add on. Problem is I can see how it will possibly fit into the tank with the hood closed. The height is the issue, or more specifically the level of the water in the back compartment which determines how heigh the skimmer goes.

Any suggestions or comments with this skimmer in nano tank in rear compartments ?

chrisg_75

May 28, 2013
Newcastle
No,
The lid goes all the way to the back so everything is within the hood. There is a pic in the first few posts on page 1 if you want to have a look.

??

chrisg_75

May 28, 2013
Newcastle
ok, so still not sure how this will work. I note the the water flows under the first divider into the second compartment and over the second divider into the thirds compartment. Is there a way to reduce thw water level in the middle compartment allowing the skimmer to go down deeper ?