Off-Topic

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Ordering From The Us Just Got A Whole Lot Easier!
Just stumbled across this little gem that AusPost have now setup for Australian customers!
https://shopmate.auspost.com.au/

Basically they have a warehouse in the US that becomes a pseudo-address for you so US purchases get shipped there and then they get sent here using AusPost. Meaning all of Amazon is now unlocked and the shipping rates will get a whole lot better, faster and cheaper :) At least that's what I'm hoping! A few Christmas presents just got unlocked for me so I'm going to give this a whirl soon and let everyone know! :)

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Shop
Shop to your heart’s content! Now you can buy items from US sites that only ship to US addresses. At the checkout, just use your ShopMate address for delivery.
You can shop at any US store that will accept your payment and ship to your ShopMate address.
Remember to check our list of dangerous and prohibited items before you buy.

Declare & Pay

Once your shopping has arrived at our US warehouse, we’ll send you an email. Simply log in to ShopMate, declare your package, pay the shipping costs to Australia and your goods will be on their way to you in no time.
If you’re sending more than one package from the US to Australia on the same day, we’ll give you a “bundling” discount.

Receive
We’ll aim to do everything we can to get your shopping to you within 5 - 8 business days of your shipping costs being paid. Once your shopping leaves the US, you’ll be able to track its progress with ShopMate’s tracking tool.
When it arrives on our shores, your delivery address can be updated through Australia Post’s “My Deliveries".
Won't be home on the expected delivery day? Use a Parcel Locker and simply collect at your convenience!

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I'm glad I wasn't the only one that got a little excited over this! :P haha the only thing will be watching for electronics and their compatibilities!