Tank Journal Archive

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
I wonder how they travel by car lol hopefully if all goes well should be in melb June/July and driving back

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Coral gobies are those tiny yellow or sometimes black ones. And clown goby is usually green with markings on it a massive head and a small body

Ben S

Apr 9, 2013
Point Cook
Stunning mate. That plating monti is going nuts.

I think you'd had better frag it soon otherwise it will take over the tank ;) I'm happy to take a bit off your hands ... all for the sake of your tank you know :P

You still just dosing 0.35ml 2 * daily for Start3?

Ben

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
how often do you find the algae building up on glass and having to clean or are you really low with nutrients

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne

I think you'd had better frag it soon otherwise it will take over the tank ;) I'm happy to take a bit off your hands ... all for the sake of your tank you know :p

Ben
h

I think you'd had better frag it soon otherwise it will take over the tank ;) I'm happy to take a bit off your hands ... all for the sake of your tank you know :p

Ben
happy to frag it, but as i would know how to pack it pick up would be best.

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
@vpreef Hi just thought id run it by you. I just changed the stones over 3rd time. Im getting some bleaching from the base up of one of my sps. cats paw coral i think its called. My flow through reactor was 330lph, I've now lowered it to 280lph, removed some stones and did a water change and the issue is still occurring. I also didn't let the stones sit in ro water for 2 days prior. Not sure if this may be the cause. I have tagged g.alexander in zeovit forum awaiting response. Any thoughts?I also just replaced the carbon at the same time. I use matrix carbon its quite strong i think. I have jus removed some. Maybe this will help

Last edited:

thepubenator

Competitions Guy
Nov 4, 2011
Changing carbon and zeolites at the same time is not recommended as it is a harsh/drastic change at once. Reduce the flow to half recommended flow rate for 1 week then asses and increase to 3/4 rate additional week then back to normal. Also check alk fluctuations