Tank Journal Archive

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
ok made some more changes. and took some close ups of the sps as its changing colour rapidly. Did some re-fraging of my own coral too. (first time)
photo 4.JPG
photo 1.JPG

The only coral so far that has disliked the recent stone change over is the one on the far right. I gave it some firm advice "if i want your opinion, ill give it to you…NEXT!" Anyway we compromised and i lowered the flow rate through the stones. It may also have been that i changed the carbon at the same time or had too much carbon and this shocked it. Not sure what this sps is called. If anyone knows please say.
This is the 3rd stones change over i have done and it has been the most impact full regarding colour is sps starting to really come out.
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
If you're talking about the greenish coral up on the far right in that pic under the description it looks like a pocillopora damicornis to me :)
Awesome to here that colours are getting even better, even though I didn't think that would be possible :p

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
dude tat monti doubles in size each time you post a pic....seriously contemplating following your maintenance schedule to a T this tank is really looking amazing

well done oscar keep up the good work

ps im calling you oscar but think i saw your dogs name was oscar? lol am is there another name you go by?

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
Haha, the plating Monti is my fastest grower. I had to lower him so him didn't made shade over the other corals.
I only do a 25 water change each week I assume the total water volume is about 440. So it's less than 10% each week.
My name is lance BTW
dude tat monti doubles in size each time you post a pic....seriously contemplating following your maintenance schedule to a T this tank is really looking amazing

well done oscar keep up the good work

ps im calling you oscar but think i saw your dogs name was oscar? lol am is there another name you go by?

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
I've been really hating my tank lately.Even thinking about packing it up, so I've made more scape changes. It looks better in person. Cant see all the caves

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
dont know why you would want to pack it up, it's just warming up ;)

I still cant get over that monti growth

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
I've been really hating my tank lately.Even thinking about packing it up, so I've made more scape changes. It looks better in person. Cant see all the caves
what have you been hating about it?

must be upsetting you that you cant grow algae :(

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
If that monti is giving you grief the best thing to do is just break it.... into several frag sized pieces ;-)

What the advantage with the new model illumagic?

Ben S

Apr 9, 2013
Point Cook
Honestly mate, if I was to look at replacing my Mitras I'd look at a LED/T5 Hybrid. The colours you get from T5's are more difficult to achieve with just LEDs alone.

I'm tempted the back end of this year to sell my mitras and look at grabbing an ATI hybrid.

Ben

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
i do, but it doesn't last long. Saving for illumagic but might hold out for the new model
save all your money...wat for interzoo 2014 see what comes up...if nothing does...then go for a giesemann futura if you're going LED or Mitras' but realistically t5/led is what you should be saving up toward