Tank Journal Archive

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
OK,

So i started zeovit in mid Jan.
I am now on the edge of reaching Ultra low nutrient.
I have always had low nitrate and phos however based on the colour from the acro and the growth, i know it has changed tremendously. I have never seen blue and aquas's like i have now.

What I've learned
2 major things.

Timing the flow exiting the reactor. I now always check it 4 times to try to find the consistent result.

With a measuring cup catch the flow for 6 seconds then times it by 1o then by 60. That will give you your exact flow ph. if it is too high you will see bleaching.

KH. In a zeo tank this is extremely important. It must be kept between 6.5 and 7.5 any higher and you will see bleaching.

Biomate. this product is amazing. The end.

Pics to come soon

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Sooo imagin you had ATI T5/LED how crazy it would be it is already amazing! lol

3 questions...

i see youve broken off some monti for the other side? not cool that is my piece? lol

with the ULN are your softies suffering? or are they enjoying it?

lastly..is that another SPS attached to your monti or is it an optical illusion?

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
Yes ATI would be nice but I'm sticking with LEDs for the moment to see what they will achieve. with the added benefit that I'm using about 170W in total.

HAHA yes i did break up the monti. But do you even have a tank yet? lol

ULN. LPS and softies are happy, in saying that i have lost 2 corals (1 sps, 1 fungi) and ducon is not happy at either since starting zeovit. But i did also have a kh spike issue and at one stage too much flow on the stones. Both of these issues and you will start to see issues within 8 hrs.
When i had low nutrient with using red sea nopo and rowa phos 50% softies did not enjoy at all. Since starting zeovit and having further lower nutrients the softies have completely come back to life, been much happier and much bigger now. So zeovit does something better in the overall health of the tank which i don't think is measurable.

Yes there is a SPS attached to the monti. It was once on it own rock but the monti grew over it and i couldn't sop it. The monti is winning the battle.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I friggin love your tank Lance!!! :D Absolutely gorgeous and everything looks so stunning!

Why are you loving biomate so much??? And what flow do you have running through your reactor now?

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
I friggin love your tank Lance!!! :D Absolutely gorgeous and everything looks so stunning!

Why are you loving biomate so much??? And what flow do you have running through your reactor now?
Thanks Wrangy.

I have 1L of stones at 490L per hr. This just seems to be the sweet spot.

Before i started zeovit i had a TLF rowa phos reactor that kept phos down to 0.03

Since starting zeovit its always been around 0.08 So i went onto zeosite and i was told to use 8 drops of biomate 2 times a week. Its been 2 weeks and phos is now 0.02. I could have waited and it would have come down overtime but I'm impatient.
So thrilled that the each product give its advertised result. Unlike brightwell phos E. ( no response from brand went through 2 bottles no result)

Now i refuse to buy any brightwell product.

Ben S

Apr 9, 2013
Point Cook
Whats your dosing schedule again mate and where do you get your Zeo suppliments from?

I'm in need of some more and I usually get them from K&J, but I've had much luck in getting in contact with them and I've ran out of ZeoStart3 and Stones.

Cheers

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
Whats your dosing schedule again mate and where do you get your Zeo suppliments from?

I'm in need of some more and I usually get them from K&J, but I've had much luck in getting in contact with them and I've ran out of ZeoStart3 and Stones.

Cheers
Hey,

400L tank
Ive got 1kg of stone 380lph.
start3 0.30ml morning and night
zeoBAK 4 drops 2x week

Sups
Coral Vtlzer 4 drops 2x week
Sponge power 4 drops 2x week.
phols extra 2ml 2x week.

I normally get them from either k&j or reeflections. Whoever has stock.
If your desperate maybe try reef secrets.
:)