Tank Journal Archive

Jake89

Aug 17, 2016
Nowra
Over Due Update
Everything happens at a snails pace with my tank so not a great deal has happened. My crappy jebao gyre pump decided it doesn't want to play the game so I got a replacement tunze 6101 and microcontroller. The thing is huge but on the up side, I can kinda hide it in the rock so I have been playing around with some rock and got some polymorph plastic to see what I can come up with.

20171114_194955.jpg

It also came with another pump but it isn' working. Might add a 6105 down the track as well.

My lawnmower blenny got a bit to confident with its ability to jump between the tank and overflow and ended up on the floor. By the time I found it, the poor guy was pretty dried up.

Got 2 bits of sps that are slowly colouring up but it appears I have a bit of a phosphate problem (measured 0.1 with salifert) so I need to tackle that before I get any more coral.

I also picked up a goldish hammer for $10 which has improved quite a bit since bringing it home.

Attachments

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
Hey mate .
Only bad things happen fast . So slow and steady wins the race in my book.
With the pump . I had the same issue with Jebao wave pump , you wont regret going Tunze.
You may however regret that position.
Just remember every 6 months they need a vinegar bath . so be prepared to be able to dismount all those rocks.

Jake89

Aug 17, 2016
Nowra
Hey mate .
With the pump . I had the same issue with Jebao wave pump , you wont regret going Tunze.
Just remember every 6 months they need a vinegar bath . so be prepared to be able to dismount all those rocks.

I had a couple of tunze 6045s in a previous tank and I was quite happy with them so it was an easy decision. The jebao is still running but I don' know how much longer it will last. The plan with the rock is to build it up in 2 parts so I can just lift the top half to remove the pump. I am going to get some more rock on the weekend and see what I can do with it. The polymorph stuff is crap at holding the rock so I might get some KZ speed glue or the aquaforest stuff.
Tunze has a fake rock to hide their pumps, if you wish to avoid the DIY route...
I'm all for DIY and have considered having a go at making my own tunze rock. The outlet on the pump is designed to fit in 50mm pvc I believe it was so I can use that for the outlet of the rock.

Jake89

Aug 17, 2016
Nowra
Hey mate .
Also thought about doing something like this with pvc so it sits behind the rock and the pump can easily be removed for maintenance. I'll try to widen the end of the pvc to widen the flow a bit.
Screenshot_20171119-200250.png