Reef Discussion

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Closest product would be Oyster Feast (reef nutrition) its oyster eggs and ovarian tissue but its been blended to break up the ovarian tissue, so instead of being your 50-100 micron size it will have a variety of 1-200 micron range.

As magic thought you meant, Lobster eggs would probably be your best bet in Oz, from what I read previously they have a higher and better EFA content and are around the 80 micron range

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Closest product would be Oyster Feast (reef nutrition) its oyster eggs and ovarian tissue but its been blended to break up the ovarian tissue, so instead of being your 50-100 micron size it will have a variety of 1-200 micron range.

As magic thought you meant, Lobster eggs would probably be your best bet in Oz, from what I read previously they have a higher and better EFA content and are around the 80 micron range
Lobster eggs are a thing of the past though :(

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
For what its worth I spoke with my LFS about the lobster eggs and apparently ON is bringing the production of these in house and expect to have something early next year....

Wazza22

Oct 3, 2015
Perth
For what its worth I spoke with my LFS about the lobster eggs and apparently ON is bringing the production of these in house and expect to have something early next year....
I asked a LFS on the weekend for them and was told they will be back available next year, didn't know weather to believe or not thinking it may just be a case if telling me what i want to hear.
So a LFS in Perth and NSW have both said same thing. Sounds good :)

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
I just tried to buy some lobster eggs, not realising they no longer sell them, i had a good supply in freezer, but running out, I have 4 x fat healthy dragnets that will only eat them, what can i do

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
I would be making a trip to your LFS as soon as possible as they may still have some stock.

If not, you might like to try some fish eggs.

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
I would be making a trip to your LFS as soon as possible as they may still have some stock.

If not, you might like to try some fish eggs.
I have rang all the LFS in a 200klm distances, 1 that I ant to the other day, said to try fish eggs so i did and no one touched them

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
The Manderin is twice that size now, but hard to get photos of, the green spotted one, was the size of a large ant when i got him