Reef Discussion

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
What about their frozen pods?
Or maybe the Red Plankton?

Whilst you still have some Lobster Eggs I would be gradually mixing in some of the other foods with the Lobster Eggs - hopefully, over time, they will not realise the difference and you can gradually reduce the Eggs.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
This was posted on a Facebook page recently

upload_2016-12-21_8-32-43.png

I'm guessing that Hervey Bay is a bit too far away, but someone might still have some in the bottom of their freezer.

Wazza22

Oct 3, 2015
Perth

Whilst you still have some Lobster Eggs I would be gradually mixing in some of the other foods with the Lobster Eggs - hopefully, over time, they will not realise the difference and you can gradually reduce the Eggs.
I'm with MagicJ, try and mix some Red Plankton up with the Lobster Eggs to extend what you have.
Call Mad about Marine and see if they can post you some.
Hope you can source some before you run out, Those Mandarin's look nice

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
What about their frozen pods?
thanks, where do i get them from, don't remember seeing them in the shops around here,I was thinking to about putting some live pod in the tank as well but not sure where to get them, i love my dragnets i can just let them die

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015

will try thanks

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015

I haven't seen the red plankton in any of our local shops, any idea where to get it from?

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
Susan, here are foods I use for my mandarins, dragonettes and pipefish. Nutrimar ova, capellin eggs (sardine eggs), oyster eggs, red reef plankton, cyclops and live black worms.

http://www.marinedepot.com/V2O_Aqua...V2O_Aquarium_Foods-HL01240-FIFDFZFSCF-vi.html

http://www.marinedepot.com/Nutramar...Coral_Food-Nutramar-NM3151-FIFDFZFSFP-vi.html

http://www.marinedepot.com/V2O_Aqua...-V2O_Aquarium_Foods-HL1113-FIFDFZFSCF-vi.html
Thanks Rob,they are eating the cyclops and the red plankton,I will keep my eye out for the others:)

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I like a nice variety for the fish to eat which is why I used the eggs as well as the other plankton. Mandarins and scooter blennies are notorious for not eating, eggs usually trigger a feeding response and get them eating and weight back on them.