Off-Topic

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Partners and marine stores
Does anyone else's partners start wingeing when you have been in the fish store to long.?? Luckily reef secrets has a lounge so I can send her to it when she starts getting bored !
She tells me I spend money on my fish tank so she gets get nails done , what the hell is the point of fake nails anyway?!!!

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
I'd have thought going to the LFS is like going into the shed. That's a journey you take alone. Throw her some money, and let her have her fake nails, and fake tans, and anything else fake she so decides to have done to her body and don't argue the point (because apparently she's doing all of that for your benefit if you're silly enough to get into that argument conversation). And while she's doing that, you get the chance to nick down to the LFS and spend up :D

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
haha. she lets me get what i want anyway! its often. how long are we going to be here. ends up being an hour or two!

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
I dont think ive ever had a conversation with darren that wasnt at least half an hour, most of the time an hour and thats me on the phone

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
She just sounds bored Matt! Go with her next time she gets her nails done and experience what she is going through while you are reef shopping and you will understand! David's suggestion *thumbs up* Although, I don't get the fake nail thing either - I went and got them and a fake tan for a friends wedding once and I sat on the couch all night looking bright orange with my hands out in front of me because I couldn't move or touch anything. I still can't believe I paid for that experience! ... :rolleyes

....(because apparently she's doing all of that for your benefit if you're silly enough to get into that argument conversation)
Oh how to respond to this... ;)

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
when i think about it she has let me spend all that money on my tank, build my new dream gaming pc buy numerous games oh and i cant forget a brand new car! she wants an mac book air so ill have to go buy her one of them!

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Oh how to respond to this... ;)
Hahaha, please feel free to. :p

Fake tans are a little sad. Most younger ladies I see with them have the same problem - they just wind up looking a little silly, even if they avoid becoming bright orange. I'd take pale with freckles over fake any day of the week (though I really can't afford to be that picky!).

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
just do it. maybe a new thread. should women be bannished to the kitchen :D i kid i kid, its funny because im actualy cooking dinner right now.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Didn't realise you actually wanted to hear it, hence why I was trying to behave myself! Disagree.

All women experience the difference between when they have made the effort in the mirror, and when they haven't. The proof is in the pudding so to speak! If it didn't turn heads we wouldn't do it, simple as that ;) So guys can say they don't like fake or 'false advertising' as much as they like and mean it, but their actions speak otherwise.

My ex used to go on about how he liked the 'natural' look but the girls he checked out always had an inch of make up on! I realised pretty quickly he just didn't have a clue what was or wasn't on their face and to be honest, if he did I would have been a little disturbed he knew so much about what products they were using or the highlights in their hair :p

As an eg. most Hollywood actresses won't go out in public or on set without 2 sets of false lashes on but how many men know that or care to know? They just see their picture and go Hello! For us women, it gives you confidence if you know you are looking your best no matter what hand nature has dealt you looks-wise. There is an artistic side to it - creating optical illusions with shading, contouring, reflection of light on your body - its awesome fun. All women look better with long lashes, a warm glow etc.

Most men couldn't care less about the details of how you got to look that way, they just see the end result and then get confused if they do happen to see a part of the process and hear women say they do it for them :rolleyes Does this last sentence make sense coz I'm not even sure myself, lol!