Tank Journal Archive

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Phishy Pics & A Video
Well I decided to try my hand at a video and it turned out alright lol I posted it in the tang thread but this is a new entry so why not a double post! :P

And to make up for the quality of the video I took some nice photos of the fish while complaint avidly about being hungry even after being feed three times in ten minutes haha
My lovely new make hawk, still going strong and colourful!
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_1016_zps9zzxozvj.jpg

My beloved bellus angelfish, she hand feeds and is just a wonderfully happy fish!
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_1008_zpsxb30vbtm.jpg

This little one has grown quite some since I got her :) the lovely little black ear wrasse (halichoeres melasmapomus)
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_1007_zps4yrqqrcs.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_1003_zps58f7wh4o.jpg

And of course the newbie! She (I've decided lol) was way too stressed in the acclimatisation box so it was into the tank and she's still shy but was put each time I feed after lunch today (three times or so) and happily swims around the tank if you stand still while watching :) we're getting there haha
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_0996_zpstmrliqeh.jpg

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
The kole looks heaps pretty! She is a girl right.. :p

Love the Bellus to, when I finally upgrade id love a pair of Genicanthus angelfish.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Damn it Wrangy, now I'm gonna have to put in a Hawaii order. M wants a pair of Flame hawks and a Kole tang. You're in BIG trouble mister!! My profits are going to hell because of you lot!! :D

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Aaaarrrrgggghhhhh, I was done with collecting tangs after my 7! But now I see that sexy fish I need one! Well done!
haha I have been waiting for ages for that sexy fish so I was stoked to get such a fine specimen! :D You definitely need a kole too :p

The kole looks heaps pretty! She is a girl right.. :p

Love the Bellus to, when I finally upgrade id love a pair of Genicanthus angelfish.
A very pretty fish and settling really well :)
She is possibly my secret favourite, just a completely happy fish with no cares at all :) Juts cruises around the tank and hangs out near the top whenever I'm nearby, occasionally when I'm working in the tank she'll peck at my arm to remind me how starving she is and that she hasn't been feed in days :p When the new tank is up and running she's getting a boyfriend! :)

Damn it Wrangy, now I'm gonna have to put in a Hawaii order. M wants a pair of Flame hawks and a Kole tang. You're in BIG trouble mister!! My profits are going to hell because of you lot!! :D
hahaha well I have to be good for something and if that's getting M to make you spend money I'm okay with that :rofl @Boxermom should definitely get a pair of hawks and a Kole tang :D

Aren't those Hawkfish great? Mine's starting to become a real character.
They are fantastic lol I couldn't have a tank without them :) The character is just some of the best you can get in a tank :)

Disappointed in the lack of Mandarin pics :p
I was waiting for that lol the little bugger is scared of the camera so I couldn't get any good shots :( was hiding away in the rocks, still kicking along nicely though :)

lukusis

Sep 3, 2014
Just saw a flame hawk at my LFS..... great looking fish! Plenty of character too :

I need to get my next tank set up ASAP!

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I have 6 Longnose hawks on order, Hawaii isn't shipping for 2 weeks so I have to wait. :( Apparently Longnose hawks are real bastards to get paired up. :(

riley

Apr 25, 2013
GYMEA BAY
nice tank love your tangs.

always wondered how ppl will bare bottom tanks keep the floor so clean. do u need to be any brown film off?

Tannum_Paul

Jun 18, 2015
Tannum Sands

always wondered how ppl will bare bottom tanks keep the floor so clean. do u need to be any brown film off?
I know with my BB tank the tangs and snails keep it clean, once a week I just run a sponge scrubber brush over it quick to get rid of any large problem areas but mainly the tangs and snails. I do put in that I have 7 tangs so they keep my tank spotless of any algae of any type.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
I'd love to see a compilation video of the flame hawks so I can see this character I keep hearing about. I've never really seen one so only know them as a still shot!

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Just saw a flame hawk at my LFS..... great looking fish! Plenty of character too :

I need to get my next tank set up ASAP!
They're fantastic, can be a little iffy with certain things but I love them :) Just such silly fish haha ASAP indeed!

I have 6 Longnose hawks on order, Hawaii isn't shipping for 2 weeks so I have to wait. :( Apparently Longnose hawks are real bastards to get paired up. :(
Gotta hate the wait when you know what's coming in!! I have heard that they can be tricky but I've seen a few pairs around and they look amazing! :)

Thanks mate :)

Well the tank is only half bare bottom as of Monday as I'm taking the sand out to replace it, just because the sand was looking shit and filled with shit haha I'll see how it goes as t whether is stays or gets filled back in.

I know with my BB tank the tangs and snails keep it clean, once a week I just run a sponge scrubber brush over it quick to get rid of any large problem areas but mainly the tangs and snails. I do put in that I have 7 tangs so they keep my tank spotless of any algae of any type.
haha with 7 I'd imagine the tank would be absolutely spotless :p the Kole is completely settled now though :) Happily out ans swimming, is eating with everyone and isn't shy when I go near the tank :D

what is that fish that is to the left of the kole in the last photo?
Rob was spot on, the yellow tail pygmy angel :)

I'd love to see a compilation video of the flame hawks so I can see this character I keep hearing about. I've never really seen one so only know them as a still shot!
Well I suppose I can work on making a video on their personalities and silly behaviours over time lol just the way they swim around and perch on everything is silly and one of my favourite things is when it's food time they hover near the top of the tank but because they have to actively swim quite strongly to hold their position it looks like they're wagging their tails :p