Reef Discussion

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
What are your phos levels? ive used it before its fine. i use it rather then using GFO , i use brightwell phosphate E tho.

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
Its sitting around 1, perhaps slightly higher, i just baught another bottle of the red sea stuff, i was hopeing someone would reply while i was at the aquarium haha.
Cheers

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
no3po4x? thats not a binder thats a carbon based food source completely different things!

Luke

Jul 11, 2011
Launceston
Sort of .
The carbon source feeds bacteria , They also feed on nitrate and phosphate while they multiply ,

The binder binds phosphate so it can be removed via a skimmer

Then there are things like Rowaphos that absorbs the phosphate

I'm using Zeovit , So i fall under the carbon source and I love it :)
I used to use Rowaphos for a long time , Carbon dosing seems cheaper for me , It also seems to keeps my nitrate undetectable

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
a do minor carbon dosing but mainly liquid binder to bring it down if i need to. lately i barley have to add any. sometimes add some every few weeks but phos isnt realy an issue.
effective skimming and controlling the phos you put into your tank will help you out.
i found NO3PO4 to be a little dangerous slight overdose and you have a bacteria bloom / can kill your tank inhabitants. (same with any carbon dosing if done incorrectly)