Reef Discussion

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Photography Video #2 - Camera Settings
Video two in the series, covers what baseline settings to use to get you in the ballpark for taking good shots, then a detailed explanation of how shutter speed, aperture and ISO will affect the picture in both a good and bad way.

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
This is a great Sam, thanks for taking the time.

Ill have to wait till the family goes out though as they would think im crazy taking shots of my tank. No appreciation in my house of aquaria !

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Imagine in my house then, when I am taking videos about how to take pictures of your tank hahahahahaha

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Great Video!!
How about next, a video covering how to shoot under blue lights (usually at the end of a light cycle) when all your coral colours are really popping?
I find it fairly difficult but doable. Getting the white balance correct, even in post processing can be hard.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Great Video!!
How about next, a video covering how to shoot under blue lights (usually at the end of a light cycle) when all your coral colours are really popping?
I find it fairly difficult but doable. Getting the white balance correct, even in post processing can be hard.
Cheers! I do plan on covering post processing, but probably wont get to that till the weekend. Should have time tonight to do a quick video on full tank shots though, So will cover that next :)

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Damn nice videos Sam, I have a 7D too so I understand what I paid $300 and didn't get from Canon. The guy was speaking like I had a damn degree in engineering and photography, it was horrible.

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
If you can
This is a great Sam, thanks for taking the time.

Ill have to wait till the family goes out though as they would think im crazy taking shots of my tank. No appreciation in my house of aquaria !
If you can't get a steady shot, you have a Tripod lying around somewhere.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I made a monopod that works a treat too, really fixes some of the fuzzies when you're shooting macro shots. When I shoot top down for coral sales I use it a lot.